Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Was talking about this at work.... I said if he plays tomorrow, I can see him staying (till summer)... if he doesn't, he's away by end of the week... probably deadline day.

Looks like Pardew doesn't even know, either!

But at least he's being honest this time, and leaving the 'no-ones leaving' shite to JFK.

Pardew: "we would need to bring someone in, that's for sure. You can't lose someone of his ability and not replace him."

This is from George Caulkin btw.

Aye, he knows this.

Some part of me just doesn't trust Kinnear to negotiate/convice Cabella/his angry bosses or Grenier to join us within the forthcoming four days.

There really is no excuse now to not go out and get a replacement before the weekend. Plenty of clubs will start and complete moves in that time and with less time. Cabaye is gone. If he somehow doesn't go this week he'll be gone in the summer anyway so spend some fucking money.

Guest Roger Kint

Pardew: "we would need to bring someone in, that's for sure. You can't lose someone of his ability and not replace him."

Aye, he knows this.

Some part of me just doesn't trust Kinnear to negotiate/convice Cabella/his angry bosses or Grenier to join us within the forthcoming four days.

Unfortunately for Alan(and us more importantly) he has no say in that whatsoever.

Aye, he knows this.

Yeah I've got absolutely no faith in Kinnear's ability to convince a player. I think it's highly unlikely we'll get a replacement in this window.

I actually miss Derek Llambias now!

There's no excuse to sell him, never mind no excuse to not replace him. I severely doubt we will replace him with anyone worthy of note. We'll fall back on the lack of time excuse and say we will do major work in the summer.

Aye, he knows this.

Now isn't the worst time for him to go, considering it was inevitable in the summer. We are destined for an 8th or 9th place season, best to replace him now and give his replacement 6 months of reduced pressure premier league football to begin to adapt.

It's quite simple really. If PSG match the evaluation that Ashley has of Cabaye then he'll be sold. I imagine Ashley will want to sell Cabaye for around £20m+ and then try and get someone like Cabella for around £12m and then he'll do whatever he likes with the profit. No doubt pocket it and we certainly won't see the full fee reinvested.

In an ideal world, we would be holding onto players like Cabaye and improving the squad with players like Cabella, not side stepping/taking a step back. Fucking MA.

There's no excuse to sell him, never mind no excuse to not replace him. I severely doubt we will replace him with anyone worthy of note. We'll fall back on the lack of time excuse and say we will do major work in the summer.

I don't think any excuses are needed TBH. A massive bid comes in for a player at a non-CL team, they go. It's fucking depressing for us but it's how it is.

Aye, he knows this.

Now isn't the worst time for him to go, considering it was inevitable in the summer. We are destined for an 8th or 9th place season, best to replace him now and give his replacement 6 months of reduced pressure premier league football to begin to adapt.

Good luck with that.

Aye, he knows this.

Good luck with that.

Dan Gosling can't adapt to replace Cabaye?