Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

It doesn't really make sense to discuss spending on transfers without the rest of the club's finances.

Well the club has been pretty much break even outside of transfers for the last few years and in that time the money that's come in for sales has gone out for new players (not always in a timely manner of course).  Our finances are only getting better now so we should certainly expect nothing less than every penny being brought in from players to be reinvested in new signings.  Anything less is a step back from the way we were ran prior to Kinnear, which was already quite stingy.

Really with our revenue going up so much in the summer we should expect more.

The majority that voted that Cabaye would remain a NUFC player until the end of the season, should take themselves out into the back garden and shoot what little if any grey matter they have, all over the lawn. And even if he does stay anybody actually thinking that was likely should have their computer/tablets/phone confiscated for being so f***ing thick.

Woah lay off the Pritt Stick

Heavy user of Pritt Stick

Guest bimpy474

Lewis Holtby is apparently available for around £5 million.

If all else fails, which is likely with these nitwits, that would be a shrewd move imo.

I like him, we wont go for it though, not French. And it's a far too sensible suggestion.

Lewis Holtby is apparently available for around £5 million.

If all else fails, which is likely with these nitwits, that would be a shrewd move imo.

Spurs just boughthim not so long back?

Guest Haris Vuckic

No way Spurs would sell Holtby for £5m.

They will. Tim Sherwood needs the money for crisps.

and haribo

No way Spurs would sell Holtby for £5m.

They only got him for £1.5 million, and are keen to get his wages off the books.

I just read that he is on £67,000 a week, so scratch that.

We won't even approach being on the verge for him.

There's no excuse to sell him, never mind no excuse to not replace him. I severely doubt we will replace him with anyone worthy of note. We'll fall back on the lack of time excuse and say we will do major work in the summer.

I don't think any excuses are needed TBH. A massive bid comes in for a player at a non-CL team, they go. It's fucking depressing for us but it's how it is.

Yeah - I mean just look at Baines and Suarez in the summer.

Guest bimpy474

Horrible feeling Pardew if he had the choice would go for a Mark Noble  :scared:

I think he will go for Tomkins from WH

Well then he'd be completely beyond help as replacing a CM with CB is nutjob territory.

Horrible feeling Pardew if he had the choice would go for a Mark Noble  :scared:

Well then he'd be completely beyond help as replacing a CM with CB is nutjob territory.

In that case: Per Ciljan Skjelbred

There's no excuse to sell him, never mind no excuse to not replace him. I severely doubt we will replace him with anyone worthy of note. We'll fall back on the lack of time excuse and say we will do major work in the summer.

I don't think any excuses are needed TBH. A massive bid comes in for a player at a non-CL team, they go. It's fucking depressing for us but it's how it is.

Yeah - I mean just look at Baines and Suarez in the summer.

Whey OK, not every time.

If he does go that hurts my fantasy football team, already had two transfers I did not want to make due to injury. Would put me on -12 before a ball is kicked. 

f***ing hate Ashley.

I'm the same but had two saved up transfers, used them but dont want a -4 to replace Cabaye :lol:

I forgot about this oh ffs, f*ck off Ashley you mug.

Guest bimpy474

In that case: Per Ciljan Skjelbred

Please let that be true, this place would explode :lol:

If he does go that hurts my fantasy football team, already had two transfers I did not want to make due to injury. Would put me on -12 before a ball is kicked. 

f***ing hate Ashley.

I'm the same but had two saved up transfers, used them but dont want a -4 to replace Cabaye :lol:

Almost makes you want Manchester United to get him. Cabaye would be a cast iron starter for them and probably get another 5-10 goals play as many in assists. At £6.5m that'd be a bargain FF first teamer, so fingers crossed Moyes sees some sense in this.

f***ing hate Ashley.

Almost makes you want Manchester United to get him. Cabaye would be a cast iron starter for them and probably get another 5-10 goals play as many in assists. At £6.5m that'd be a bargain FF first teamer, so fingers crossed Moyes sees some sense in this.

i can smell the irony ;-)