Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Some people don't see the difference between defending the club, and understanding how transfers work tbh. This has happened since transfers have begun, it's hardly f***ing new to football, NUFC, etc.

:lol:  Give over, are you suggesting that people who are against the sale don't understand how transfers work?

What I'm saying is people seem shocked & disgusted that one of the richest clubs in the world, who will probably be competing to win the Champions League in the next 2-3 season, look like they're going to sign a player from a team not at that level.

Perhaps not shocked and disgusted, but I will never be accepting of this club selling its best players. Particularly when there's no replacement in sight and merely coping is the sole ambition at present.

I am 100% against the sale of Cabaye and I don't care if he wants away, he has a contract here and would not dare huff if we refused to sell he has a World Cup squad to make.

The offer of say £20m may be what he is worth but like Carroll I would not sell unless the offer way WAY over his worth and offered with plenty of transfer window remaining.

I however do not blame Pardew for any of this at all in any way.

That's your prerogative, he's talked about him going enough.

What I'm saying is people seem shocked & disgusted that one of the richest clubs in the world, who will probably be competing to win the Champions League in the next 2-3 season, look like they're going to sign a player from a team not at that level.

Should people not be disgusted?  This is our football club and it's something a lot of us invest a lot of time and money into with very little return.  Wanting to see our best players remain at the club should be a natural reaction and it's all we have to look forward to as supporters.

Agreed I invested £602 in Newcastle at the start of the season which is £602 more than a billionaire

Should people not be disgusted?  This is our football club and it's something a lot of us invest a lot of time and money into with very little return.  Wanting to see our best players remain at the club should be a natural reaction and it's all we have to look forward to as supporters.

Agreed I invested £602 in Newcastle at the start of the season which is £602 more than a billionaire

The £100m in interest free loans say otherwise.

Aren't we all grown up enough to accept the truth?

We all know Ashley will sell if the offer is good enough, what difference does it make if Pardew confirms this? How many players have we sold for less than we really could have got for them? Given is the only one who comes close to that imo and £6m for a keeper who has gone on strike to force a move isn't the worst fee in the world.

Makes no difference at all to the outcome. Just winds people up that the so called manager of the team is complicit in dismantling it.

:thup:

Amazing that this needs explaining.

Amazing that people think he is 'complicit in dismantling it'. It's just nonsense man.

Some people don't see the difference between defending the club, and understanding how transfers work tbh. This has happened since transfers have begun, it's hardly f***ing new to football, NUFC, etc.

:lol:  Give over, are you suggesting that people who are against the sale don't understand how transfers work?

Perhaps not shocked and disgusted, but I will never be accepting of this club selling its best players. Particularly when there's no replacement in sight and merely coping is the sole ambition at present.

That's a different story though.

so called manager of the team is complicit in dismantling it.

:lol: like he has any say at all, he is losing his best player, team does shit it is his job on the line.

The Pardew hatred on here really does blind some.

Fucking hell man Skirge, can't you see his delight that he may lose one of his most important players?

:lol:

The £100m in interest free loans say otherwise.

He did that at the start of the season? Good news, I'm surprised it hasn't made the papers.

I could accept it if it was for a ridiculous amount of money and we were the sort of club that would look to reinvest it. Neither of these appears to be true at the moment, so we "should" be confident of keeping him.

We have to fleece them, we should take 25 mill plus one of their young uns. They always have great prospects.

Would be miles more palatable than just taking the money. Do they have any decent young strikers?

We have to fleece them, we should take 25 mill plus one of their young uns. They always have great prospects.

Would be miles more palatable than just taking the money. Do they have any decent young strikers?

I am still hoping the talks break down, not sure they will pay what we want but a Cash + player deal could suit both sides.

Maybe Hervin Ongenda?

I don't hate Pardew, I don't even know him.

You know what I mean

He's a spineless little man who is performing admirably in his role of 'spineless little man'. Are fans supposed to be thankful for that?

He has no power. So either fight to get some power, or get fired trying. That's the only chance he has of being liked by me.

He's no 50 cent IMO

:lol:

I'm very confident Ashley will get the best deal possible, I just wish he was in charge of selling players and Keegan was in charge of buying them.

You know what I mean

He's a spineless little man who is performing admirably in his role of 'spineless little man'. Are fans supposed to be thankful for that?

He has no power. So either fight to get some power, or get fired trying. That's the only chance he has of being liked by me.

You work? you have powr at work ? no go on then quit your job

Didn't say quit.

Also, I wouldn't take on a role that meant I would be a figurehead spineless cunt, unless I was willing to accept that people/fans/customers are going to call me a cunt.

You know what I mean

You work? you have powr at work ? no go on then quit your job

Didn't say quit.

Also, I wouldn't take on a role that meant I would be a figurehead spineless cunt, unless I was willing to accept that people/fans/customers are going to call me a cunt.

:lol: oh man can't be arsed to argue the pont

It is a catch 22 situation, you need to keep your best players to get in there and likewise they want to play in there. So you have to give them some hope and that is a position that we really need to get ourselves into this year, or definitely next year, or the years beyond.

Might get summoned to London for a bollocking for that.