Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

sell him for 20 minimum and buy jong, cabella and hopefully someone to be his direct replacement.

cabaye is by far or most important player...but he wants to leave. Hope it happens now for good money. Lets move on and hopefully we will do some good business for his transfer money.

its weird i'm already resigned to him leaving but there's part of me that feels there's somehow something worse in store than "not signing a replacement" I just don't know what it is

HBA not signing a new deal? Or being sold as well?

its weird i'm already resigned to him leaving but there's part of me that feels there's somehow something worse in store than "not signing a replacement" I just don't know what it is

Debuchy will go with him :(

There wives are good friends you know

HBA not signing a new deal? Or being sold as well?

"Newcastle United are today pleased to announce a 3 year contract extension for local hero Shola Ameobi. In light of the sale of Yohan Cabaye to Paris Saint-Germain for 15million everyone at the club was in need of a lift."

Under this regime it's not a given that they'll agree a fee, even though they're here to thrash it out. But I think he probably will go.

Selling our best player on derby week ffs, what a pisstake. I hand-on-heart want to sell my ticket because there's no motivation to going anymore - even if we won, we're going nowhere as a club. So what's the point?

Tbh if we brought in Cabella this week I'd be feeling better but that just won't happen.

Add a January premium and demand no less than £28m

I don't understand how bringing in someone new at this stage would exactly help. They may hit the ground running the first few games then struggle to continue their adaptation to this league, and performances will suffer. I freaking hate the January window as it's always a bandaid solution.

If they come in with a proper bid it's inevitable, but right before the derby man :anguish:

Well right after wasn't going to work. It's not like it's two days before or deadline day.

Just how the fixtures panned out. Could have predicted this sept 1st.

If he's going to go let it be sooner rather than later, think I'd lose my mind if this dragged out til friday. Sadly I don't see a way its not going to get dragged out til Friday we know Ashley ain't going to budge and it seems unlikely you go from £14m to £20m plus in a day or two. Fucking transfer windows.

Absolutely baffling that the fact cunt is considering sale of Cabaye.

You are 7 points off 4th, and will play almost all of your top 4 competitors at home. Why not even try to put up a fight ?

It's as he's scared of getting back to Europe.

I don't understand how bringing in someone new at this stage would exactly help. They may hit the ground running the first few games then struggle to continue their adaptation to this league, and performances will suffer. I freaking hate the January window as it's always a bandaid solution.

Well surely better adapting now so they are ahead of the game in September when we actually (at least in theory) have something to play for again.

More sense than having them struggle august to March before getting to grips with the league.

Absolutely baffling that the fact c*** is considering sale of Cabaye.

You are 7 points off 4th, and will play almost all of your top 4 competitors at home. Why not even try to put up a fight ?

Why did you sell Alonso to Real Madrid?

:lol:

Have you not been watching what's been happening at this club the past few years?

He looks at things purely from a business point of view not a footballing one and the safer bet from his pov is sell him now while value is high rather than gamble on keeping him and selling in the summer for a lower value (and however unlikely it seems the buyout possibility for £6m has to be considered) and hoping we can get into top 4.

Absolutely baffling that the fact c*** is considering sale of Cabaye.

Why did you sell Alonso to Real Madrid?

And it wasn't a good decision, was it ?

f*** player power. When they get those nice pay raise to sign contract extensions, they should think of days like this that they can't just go whenever they want.

He won't sulk. He wants that WC spot, and you're in a healthy position. Seriously, it's not as his value will diminish. France appear to have a piss easy route to WC quarter finals at least as well, so his value will only go up.