Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I don't think Ashley tells Pardew to try and sell him, Pardew's just covering his arse after he was made to look a complete mug during the Carroll saga.

But I don't think he tells Pardew to stop trying to sell him, either. Ultimately Pardew has absolutely no input into sales. Doesn't matter if it leaves us in the shit, he can't be replaced in time, the fans love him etc - hit the price and he's gone. So I get that he's covering his arse but there's a way to do it without being so submissive.

Pochettino on luke Shaw and others "What is clear is that Southampton believe in these players, want these players, and we have no intention of selling them."

Pardew on Cabaye "No, I'm not confident, and I don't think any team not in a Champions League position or fighting for a Champions League position could be"

Southampton would sell if someone put in a stupid offer, doesn't matter what Pochettino says tbh.

Still wish Pardew would keep his fucking trap shut at times, we could be fighting for a Champions League position if we had an owner with any kind of ambition, it's not even like we are a million miles away from a decent team.

Unsure what we have to support any more, finish as high in the league as possible without getting into Europe and Cups not a priority...lets all get excited about trying to finish 7-8 th in the Prem...whoopee exciting stuff.

Absolutely baffling that the fact c*** is considering sale of Cabaye.

You are 7 points off 4th, and will play almost all of your top 4 competitors at home. Why not even try to put up a fight ?

It's as he's scared of getting back to Europe.

That's it in a nutshell.  With a modest investment the club would be a shout of 4th.

Because he's simply not arsed man! He's got his exposure with advertising around the world with premier league matches on tv. He's not going to put money into the club to take it forward, I thought that had become pretty clear by now. Europe outside the champions league is a waste of time and potential detrimental to prem status which means risking £££££££. But by the same regards he's not going to put the cash in for a genuine tilt at 4th.

That's just how I see things though, doesn't mean I'm right. Club just seems to be on the same loop constantly and why would it change when you have Ashley in charge, JFK "overseeing matters" and Pardew managing.

Pochettino on luke Shaw and others "What is clear is that Southampton believe in these players, want these players, and we have no intention of selling them."

Pardew on Cabaye "No, I'm not confident, and I don't think any team not in a Champions League position or fighting for a Champions League position could be"

Again, would you rather Pardew just lied?

We all know if we get a silly offer for a player Ashley will accept it, what good would it do if Pardew said "Nah, never, we definitely won't sell at any price, honest guv!"?

We all know if we get a silly offer for a player Ashley will accept it, what good would it do if Pardew said "Nah, never, we definitely won't sell at any price, honest guv!"?

Kinnear's getting grief for saying "No players will leave", Pardew's getting stick for saying he's not confident of him staying.

Kinnear's getting grief for saying "No players will leave", Pardew's getting stick for saying he's not confident of him staying.

"We refuse to comment on any transfer speculation"

Kinnear knows what is going on though, Pardew is just the club mushroom.

Said no manager ever. (well rarely)

Bollocks.

I'm struggling to think of another manager ever in the history of this league who talks about his players leaving more than Pardew.

'At his best Jonathan Woodgate is the best centre half in the country. I'm not interested in profit. But it's a huge offer, which we have to consider. I don't want to lose him but it's a huge sum of money.

'It's also a huge opportunity for him. Do we deny him that opportunity? There's a moral issue here.'

- Sir Bobby Robson.

'At his best Jonathan Woodgate is the best centre half in the country. I'm not interested in profit. But it's a huge offer, which we have to consider. I don't want to lose him but it's a huge sum of money.

'It's also a huge opportunity for him. Do we deny him that opportunity? There's a moral issue here.'

- Sir Bobby Robson.

Aye, that one instance is loads more than Pardew. 

Unless I'm mistaken they haven't had one of the richest clubs in Europe making bids for him (yet). And shaw hasn't kicked up a fuss about wanting to leave either. Lets see what happens when those two things change.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/8263133/Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-insists-Andy-Carroll-is-not-for-sale-amid-reports-of-30-million-Tottenham-bid.html

“They can put together whatever they like. He is not for sale. I am going to say it for one last time, he is not for sale,” Pardew said.

January 2011. He knows that Ashley is a law unto himself now.

- Sir Bobby Robson.

Howay man, that was daylight robbery and everyone knows it.

Aren't we all grown up enough to accept the truth?

We all know Ashley will sell if the offer is good enough, what difference does it make if Pardew confirms this? How many players have we sold for less than we really could have got for them? Given is the only one who comes close to that imo and £6m for a keeper who has gone on strike to force a move isn't the worst fee in the world.

What Pardew has to say has no impact on any of our dealings, he has no say but has to face the press and answer the questions.

If a club is interested in any of our players nothing he says will make any difference at all. They will make a bid regardless of anything, he could say 100% not for sale the owber has backed this, a bid would still happen.

There are very few managers world wide that have full say over transfer out going and incoming, Pardew has the added fucked up situation of working for an absolute cunt.

Unless I'm mistaken they haven't had one of the richest clubs in Europe making bids for him (yet). And shaw hasn't kicked up a fuss about wanting to leave either. Lets see what happens when those two things change.

Even easier then...

"PSG are one of the richest clubs in the world. If they really want him they can offer £90m for him then we'll talk"

Even easier then...

"PSG are one of the richest clubs in the world. If they really want him they can offer £90m for him then we'll talk"

And then he looks an even bigger prat than he is when he goes for about £20m.

Aren't we all grown up enough to accept the truth?

We all know Ashley will sell if the offer is good enough, what difference does it make if Pardew confirms this? How many players have we sold for less than we really could have got for them? Given is the only one who comes close to that imo and £6m for a keeper who has gone on strike to force a move isn't the worst fee in the world.

Makes no difference at all to the outcome. Just winds people up that the so called manager of the team is complicit in dismantling it.

Even easier then...

No.

It's the 27th January 2014, we haven't won a trophy worth winning since 1969 which is 45 years ago.  We've gone out of both cups with a whimper, we're lying 8th in the league and we're possibly going to lose the most influential player of the season and some look to defend the club.

Give your heads a shake.