Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

More from Newcastle manager Alan Pardew on the future of France midfielder Yohan Cabaye.

Asked if he was confident of keeping the 28-year-old, Pardew said: "You are talking to someone who lost Andy Carroll with eight hours to go, so am I confident? No I am not.

"We have not indicated for one moment here from the owner down to any of my staff that we want him to go."

This asswipe is so far up Ashley's arse he should be flogged in public before a sacking if he's still around when, finally, the fat one and his cronies depart.

Absolutely baffling that the fact c*** is considering sale of Cabaye.

You are 7 points off 4th, and will play almost all of your top 4 competitors at home. Why not even try to put up a fight ?

It's as he's scared of getting back to Europe.

Why did you sell Alonso to Real Madrid?

And it wasn't a good decision, was it ?

f*** player power. When they get those nice pay raise to sign contract extensions, they should think of days like this that they can't just go whenever they want.

He won't sulk. He wants that WC spot, and you're in a healthy position. Seriously, it's not as his value will diminish.

It wasn't a good decision, but sometimes it's hard for a club to say no.

More from Newcastle manager Alan Pardew on the future of France midfielder Yohan Cabaye.

Asked if he was confident of keeping the 28-year-old, Pardew said: "You are talking to someone who lost Andy Carroll with eight hours to go, so am I confident? No I am not.

"We have not indicated for one moment here from the owner down to any of my staff that we want him to go."

This asswipe is so far up Ashley's arse he should be flogged in public before a sacking if he's still around when, finally, the fat one and his cronies depart.

What exactly is he supposed to say? If he says no way he's going he's slaughtered for lying and being completely delusional. He knows the score as well as we do, if a big enough offer comes in for anyone they're off no sense hiding from that truth.

What exactly is he supposed to say? If he says no way he's going he's slaughtered for lying and being completely delusional. He knows the score as well as we do, if a big enough offer comes in for anyone they're off no sense hiding from that truth.

:thup:

It was like the Martinez Barkley comments, something like it would take Bale money.

If you would rather be blatantly lied to fair enough, I would rather know what to expect.

'If Cabaye goes, then so do I. I won't be undermined.'

Softens the blow when we sell him.

It's the same for every club in the league bar 3/4.

Spurs have sold their best player practically every season in succession: Modric, Bale, Berbatov, etc..

Spurs sell their best players and spend every penny they get from the sale to try and bring the club closer to Champions League football. That's the difference.

No way Mike Ashley will risk losing out on Qatar interest in one of our players. With the money they throw around, he won't want to risk waiting until the summer.

Cabaye is more valuable to PSG now too, because he can play for them in Europe.

Spurs have sold their best player practically every season in succession: Modric, Bale, Berbatov, etc..

Spurs sell their best players and spend every penny they get from the sale to try and bring the club closer to Champions League football. That's the difference.

I agree with that totally. But it's not the point here. Most PL clubs are vulnerable especially if a player wants to leave as Cabaye obviously does.

I agree with that totally. But it's not the point here. Most PL clubs are vulnerable especially if a player wants to leave as Cabaye obviously does.

Yeah I agree, but it's not necessarily a negative thing. It depends on the mindset the selling club has. I get the impression we'd rather hold on to the cash and see how we get on (because we're safe), and if we struggle then buy in the summer. Probably buy cheaply too, hoping to get someone we can sell in a couple of years similar to Cabaye. It's desperate and it's a cowardly way to run a football club. They should take losing Cabaye on the chin and go out and replace him properly. They should be working on that right now.

Yeah I agree, but it's not necessarily a negative thing. It depends on the mindset the selling club has. I get the impression we'd rather hold on to the cash and see how we get on (because we're safe), and if we struggle then buy in the summer. Probably buy cheaply too, hoping to get someone we can sell in a couple of years similar to Cabaye. It's desperate and it's a cowardly way to run a football club.

the theory of it is sound, buy cheap sell high and try to improve each time, the application by us unfortunately is focused too much on whats good value compared to what the squad needs. 

Sure I heard Cabaye was one of Mikes favourite players for us a while ago, or was that bollocks? If so, you'd hope he'd want a fair whack for him.

We knew it'd happen eventually and we'd all rather it didn't, but it's typical of our board for not strengthening the team when we're on the up. Our better players would want to stay if we had more ambition......but it's the same old record innit. That's what makes it so frustrating, as they never learn, especially after the 'anita summer'.

You are 7 points off 4th, and will play almost all of your top 4 competitors at home. Why not even try to put up a fight ?

:clap:

Yeah I agree, but it's not necessarily a negative thing. It depends on the mindset the selling club has. I get the impression we'd rather hold on to the cash and see how we get on (because we're safe), and if we struggle then buy in the summer. Probably buy cheaply too, hoping to get someone we can sell in a couple of years similar to Cabaye. It's desperate and it's a cowardly way to run a football club. They should take losing Cabaye on the chin and go out and replace him properly. They should be working on that right now.

Who's to say they won't. We've got progressively better players at the club over the past few seasons.

Doub't we'll get anyone as good as Cabaye, but hopefully a player or players will come in with the potential to match or surpass him down the line.

Ashley (or whoever advises him) sells when he wants and buys when he wants. There is no point in trying to apply any logic to the situation.

If the price is right, he'll say yes. Regardless of a replacement, regardless of where we are in the league and regardless of what day of the transfer window it is.

There is a depressing inevitability about it all now. Sigh.

Pochettino on luke Shaw and others "What is clear is that Southampton believe in these players, want these players, and we have no intention of selling them."

Pardew on Cabaye "No, I'm not confident, and I don't think any team not in a Champions League position or fighting for a Champions League position could be"

That's it in a nutshell.  With a modest investment the club would be a shout of 4th.

£20m would be a good price for the player, particularly if it's true that he can buy himself out of his contract at the end of the season.

Obviously it depends on how we fill the gap, but it needs to be the right player. It's better to wait until the summer than panic buy just to pacify the press and the supporters.

Yeah, Ashley only cares about money and de-da, de-da, but let's wait and see.

It's just a total contradiction - when Martinez and Pochettino make those comments about Barkley/Shaw etc, it raises the asking price. Mike Ashley is ALL ABOUT raising the asking price, yet instructs Pardew to publicly flog him. Frustrating insanity.