Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest Haris Vuckic

Said it before like, but he'd be f***ing stunning with some Ginola-esque long hair. He has the jaw for it.

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1900/cabayelonghair.jpg

Suave lad. :thup:

:lol: :lol: :thup:

Fucking hell man. fml

Really liked the look of him last night - even though it was a pre-season friendly, he looked quite sharp, always showed for the ball and displayed a good passing range.

A midfield partnership of Cabaye and Tiote can potentially become one of the best, if not the best in the league. Tiote will hopefully be literally in front of the defence this season, destroying opposition attacks - with Cabaye playing at the metronome keeping things ticking over.

Guest icemanblue

Does that mean he's better than Zidane, then?

Probably. Reckon I'd need to see him in one more game to be certain.

A midfield partnership of Cabaye and Tiote can potentially become one of the best, if not the best in the league. Tiote will hopefully be literally in front of the defence this season, destroying opposition attacks - with Cabaye playing at the metronome keeping things ticking over.

I seriously doubt we'll be one of the best, if not the best in the league. I think we have the potential to have a very good centre midfield and they'll see amazing to us.. but that's mainly because of the last 4 or so season of a midfield incapable of movement.

Still think we need a central midfielder me, like.

People will say we have depth there, but none of them bar Tiote are going to take us anywhere. Would love somebody with  the confidence to control and play the ball in the centre of the park, somebody with good passing range and decent enough energy to get around the field. Tiote does too much of the work in there at the moment.

Cabaye might just be this. Only a friendly appearance but he looks a classy footballer.

Still think we need a central midfielder me, like.

People will say we have depth there, but none of them bar Tiote are going to take us anywhere. Would love somebody with  the confidence to control and play the ball in the centre of the park, somebody with good passing range and decent enough energy to get around the field. Tiote does too much of the work in there at the moment.

Cabaye might just be this. Only a friendly appearance but he looks a classy footballer.

I did worry about it but now I think with Tiote, Barton, Cabaye, Gosling, Abeid and of course Ben Arfa that we'll probably be ok in this area now. Obviously I'd still like another defensive midfielder though but I think we can feel good about our options as they stand.

I posted that before we signed him.

I know just saying my own view. Even when we signed Cabaye I thought we were light in depth but looking at it now (taking into account the youngsters) it doesn't seem so bad now.

I posted that before we signed him.

I know just saying my own view. Even when we signed Cabaye I thought we were light in depth but looking at it now (taking into account the youngsters) it doesn't seem so bad now.

:thup:

Which number did he wear?