Twitter nonsense

Thespence

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The magpie in front of a castle isn't a redesign, though

Our current badge does not need changing. And certainly not to that sad little magpie in front of castle design.

11 hours ago, Jack27 said:

If we are going for a redesign, this one is a good choice.

image.thumb.png.267b854f0a56808d055a2b86ea9b8aa2.png

I'd be very happy with that. However the light blue can fuck clean off, absolutely hate how it's been adopted as our 3rd colour now. 

For those who don't know, there's an AFL team called Collingwood;

(Named after the suburb in Melbourne which in turn, was named after our Lord Collingwood, plays in black and white, formed in 1892, and also called the magpies, mad eh?)

Their crests are pretty decent and wouldn't mind something similar. 

images (1).png

Collingwood_Football_Club_Logo_(2017–present).svg.png

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Our current badge does not need changing. And certainly not to that sad little magpie in front of castle design.

I agree that no redesign is needed. That said, I love that sad little magpie. If the current design wasn’t traditional — based on something historical, I’d certainly prefer a badge along those lines than some spurious heraldic crest.

And that sad little magpie is preferable to rendering some kind of hyper-aggressive, power-magpie. 

20 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

I agree that no redesign is needed. That said, I love that sad little magpie. If the current design wasn’t traditional — based on something historical, I’d certainly prefer a badge along those lines than some spurious heraldic crest.

And that sad little magpie is preferable to rendering some kind of hyper-aggressive, power-magpie. 

Yeah, that's pretty much where I am.  I don't think there's any clamour for a redesign - I've no issues with the current one.  I do like round club badges, but that doesn't mean we should change ours.

And I loathe those aggressive muscular magpie designs you see online or on shit t-shirts.  There's nowt intimidating about a magpie - nor does there need to be.  Hyper-aggressive animals on club crests makes me think of u-9s hockey teams more than professional football

Edit: I would like to see the club do some merchandise with the old badges though.  Retro tops etc.

Edited by TheBrownBottle

11 hours ago, Izakaya said:

For those who don't know, there's an AFL team called Collingwood;

(Named after the suburb in Melbourne which in turn, was named after our Lord Collingwood, plays in black and white, formed in 1892, and also called the magpies, mad eh?)

Their crests are pretty decent and wouldn't mind something similar. 

images (1).png

Collingwood_Football_Club_Logo_(2017–present).svg.png

:bob:

Nunez is a very difficult deal to do for any club. His preference is to come to the premier league, but Benfica want a large sum of money. Ekitike has a good chance.

The first priorities for the club are GK, LB, CB and ST.

Paqueta is unlikely to happen, at least in this window. But wouldn’t 100% rule him out from coming in the future.

There’s going to be quite a few outgoings, around 10-14 players will probably leave the club.

Expecting a formal bid this week for Lodi.

Compendium of twitter rumours.

Saudi Airlines will be Newcastle United’s new shirt sponsor. The deal will be annouced this week or next week. Saudi Golf will be sleeve sponsor.
Although, Ashley & Fun 88 deal ends at the end of June. So, the new kits with new sponsor should be released around July 1st.

Another twitter rumour

The Twitter ITK's are in full flow at the moment :bluestar:

Does anyone believe there is anything genuine from any accounts on twitter? Or all a desperate seek for validation?

Fucking cunts the lot of them. An absolute embarrassment to humanity. Need to get slapped and thrown into a hole. 

Edited by Ikon

Autocorrect. Minä know att i skrev equivocado, incorrecto. I’m sure you know that autorcorrect struggles when using 4 different languages in everyday life. 

Edited by Ikon

Saw this on Twitter but linking to the YouTube video. Some light hearted nonsense, some of the lyrics did make me chuckle.

Edited by SAK