Twitter nonsense

Thespence

That'd be what I'd do like. Surely Norwich would take him again, he was way better than Ruddy was last season, see how they (Krul & FF) do in the PL and then make the decision on the number 1 next summer when I assume Harper will retire.

That'd be what I'd do like. Surely Norwich would take him again, he was way better than Ruddy was last season, see how they (Krul & FF) do in the PL and then make the decision on the number 1 next summer when I assume Harper will retire.

This sounds like a good plan. As it stands, Krul will be/is the number 1 at NUFC, so Forster will be more than likely on the bench. If the lad wants to improve, he needs to be starting games.

Why would Harper retire with a year left on his contract?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

2012 is it not?

Could see him as player/coach in the future.

2012 is it not?

2013 according to NUFC.com's players page which is usually accurate.

Could see him as player/coach in the future.

Nee chance they'd keep him as 3rd choice unless he reduced his pay (which tbf he actually might)

Would have Harper here for a few more years as long as it's 3rd choice and he could do a bit of coaching too, seems an intelligent bloke and has studied the ref course etc so might be useful to have about.

Could we insert a Spanish style buy-back clause with Forster?

Also, wouldn't be surprised if our striking shortlist looked like this:

PLAN A: Sign nobody

PLAN B: Still sign nobody

PLAN C: Oh ok then, Erdinc

PLAN D: Oh shiiiit, Derdiyok?

Just another line throw to the fans to pretend we're serious about spending a bit of cash. 

They grind you down mind as i'm agreeing with you wholeheartedly here.

I seriously doubt we'll spend any more in this transfer window at all.

Hayrr Hayrr X

by NUFCThreatLevel

Köln Fußballer Podolski wird für Newcastle spielen in diesem Jahr. #NUFC #FCKöln

translates as Podolski playing for us this year

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Hayrr Hayrr X

by NUFCThreatLevel

Köln Fußballer Podolski wird für Newcastle spielen in diesem Jahr. #NUFC #FCKöln

translates as Podolski playing for us this year

Now this is something I will happily blindly believe!

But I can't :( won't happen.