Twitter nonsense

Thespence

A Bristol City fan says on another forum that there's a rumour doing the rounds that we've agreed a deal to sign Nicky Maynard

Before his injuries he was my favourite none premiership striker, would loved for us to sign him. Admittedly i've not seen him play since then so haven't got the foggiest if he's recovered fully. After seeing what happened to Giles Barnes it would be a shame if he ended up the same way.

Either way, love the lad to become a premiership striker, with or without us.

Guest bimpy474

He's not bad is Maynard, top class dunno though.

Scored a belter against us in the Championship I seem to remember. Would fit the bill I'd say - affordable, young, pacy, bit of flair to his game - and tbh, I'd rather spend £5 million on Maynard than 8 million euros on that Maiga guy who was mooted around earlier.

Hard worker too, just what we are looking for but is he a big enough player ?

Also he isn't and to my knowledge doesn't speak French :D

Guest johnson293

He's not bad is Maynard, top class dunno though.

Scored a belter against us in the Championship I seem to remember. Would fit the bill I'd say - affordable, young, pacy, bit of flair to his game - and tbh, I'd rather spend £5 million on Maynard than 8 million euros on that Maiga guy who was mooted around earlier.

Probably wouldn't take anywhere near that much... he's in the last year of his contract.

Guest pont-toon

"The New Darnell" - Darnell Situ and William Remy some further bollocks being tweeted....French youngins obviously.....

"The New Darnell" - Darnell Situ and William Remy some further bollocks being tweeted....French youngins obviously.....

Darnel Situ is mentioned on NUFC.com as well. Never heard the William Remy rumour though . No surprise that he's a Lens youngster.

Guest johnson293

Not strictly 'transfer' related, but....

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Also, can confirm former SAFC boss Ricky Sbragia HAS been interviewed for a role at NUFC. Full details tomorrow

16 minutes ago

Wonder what role?

Guest bimpy474

Not strictly 'transfer' related, but....

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Also, can confirm former SAFC boss Ricky Sbragia HAS been interviewed for a role at NUFC. Full details tomorrow

16 minutes ago

Wonder what role?

Frankie Bunn hasn't been replaced so it could be that job, it was Youth development something or other i think.

Guest Geordiesned

@neilfarrington

£8m #nufc bid for Toulouse's Cheik M'Bengue according to a "new" TV channel in France (Cfoot). About as reliable as TalkSport???