Dimitar Berbatov

JH

Guest Jubby

He is light years ahead of the strikers we have at the moment. 7.5 million and a three year contract would be fine for me...

would'nt say no to that :)

He is light years ahead of the strikers we have at the moment. 7.5 million and a three year contract would be fine for me...

would'nt say no to that :)

70k per week say makes a total expenditure of 17.5m GBP roughly with zero sell on value

anyone honestly think MA will go for that?  even if he was being sold that cheaply, which i doubt

Why is this thread happening?  Can I start an equally likely Messi thread?

If The Sun did a backpage spread saying we might be signing Messi, do you think it would go in Not Worthy Of A Thread?

If Ferguson wants rid he will be off, regardless of whether he wants to stay and fight for his place. His wages will need to be removed from the bill to help Ferguson rebuild to match Barca next year.

Would love this to happen, I have visions of a Beardsley type situation where we sign him on a 3 year deal and it just brings out the best of everyone playing around him.

However, can't help feel Mr Mojo is spot on - the Ashley regime will simply see a circa £17m+  outlay with no resale value. Too short sighted to see that having Berbatov sign might convince a couple of wonderkids we are tracking that we are an ambitious club. It isn't as simple as just £17m going out, convincing even one young foreign star like Ben Arfa or Tiote that we are a better option than Valencia for example might offset a large chunk of that £17m once they move on.

Guest Big Al

Berbo has just been cited on a Bulgarian site - he stated that he's is staying and will fight for his place in the Man Utd first team and for a 20th title.

So TT is not an ITK after all.  :snod:

Guest Big Al

I don't think that Berbo would share this if he's been on a medical yesterday. :snod:

I've been following Berbo's carreer since he's been 20-years old, you know and know his agent Emil Dantchev. Not a word about NUFC.

I think that'll put the rumour to bed now.

Guest Big Al

I don't think that Berbo would share this if he's been on a medical yesterday. :snod:

I've been following Berbo's carreer since he's been 20-years old, you know and know his agent Emil Dantchev. Not a word about NUFC.

I think that'll put the rumour to bed now.

Tanks for coming in the thread and highlight this, a day after all this mess

Well, I had to gather info - all from public sources - didn't want to play 'an ITK' role without having the data to make judgements.

Berba can say what he wants, he isn't wanted. Especially as Super Mickey signed a deal and Welbeck/Diouf are coming back. Undecided whether I'd want him, but I suppose he is pretty good. We'd certainly have a good chance....it'd probably be us, Spurs or Italy.

If Ferguson genuinely thinks Owen, Welbeck or Diouf are any sort of ready-made replacements for Berbatov, he's literally lost his marbles.

'Literally' lost his marbles?

I'm sure he wouldn't see any of those players, or Macheda, as direct replacements, but he may feel that at least one of them is ready for the first team, and there comes a point in the development of a side, when you have to back a youngster.

I suspect he's disappointed with Berbatov's attitude. There was a spell at Spurs where Berbatov was playing with a lot of determination, and it was on that form that he paid £30m+ for him. I don't think he's shown that for Man U, and Ferguson clearly doesn't feel he can be trusted to rise to the occasion in the big games.

Watching the final in the dressing room at Wembley won't have impressed either. He should have been big enough to go out there and publicly stand by his team-mates, no matter what he was feeling.

Guest Chubby Jason

If Ferguson genuinely thinks Owen, Welbeck or Diouf are any sort of ready-made replacements for Berbatov, he's literally lost his marbles.

Right on Jamie.

Watching the final in the dressing room at Wembley won't have impressed either. He should have been big enough to go out there and publicly stand by his team-mates, no matter what he was feeling.

Didn't know that, like. Whoever the player is, there's no need. Especially in a CL final.

Guest magpie99

As I stated in an opinion elsewhere, I find it hard to believe he would come to us, or more to the point, Ashley bringing him to us. He just doesnt fit the club profile and whilst he may be useful for a season, any longevity from him is doubtful. Hope he goes elsewhere.