"Real radio" priced out of live commentary next season.

Scoreboard82

We're not a Championship/relegation fighting team anymore. Just like the season ticket prices have gone up, this goes up too. No doubt sponsorship prices will go up too. It's just what happens.

They were probably paying 60k four/five years ago.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think the price increase is down to the club finally getting savvy regarding how much money's worth to the radio station live broadcasting is, a hell of a lot more than to the club. Again I don't have the exact figures but BBC Radio Newcastle on a match day get over 200K listeners IIRC so I imagine Real Radio get a good figure too. I know I flit in between the two just to get a different perspective, although I prefer Real because of Lockwood's commentary. My mate's company spends over 20K a year on advertising with Real Radio and his is just one of thousands I imagine.

I think in the past under FS and co the club were kind of soft to all the media in regards to broadcasting such as print, radio and TV, probably in favour of a better press. Under Ashley and co however there seems to be a more professional B2B approach which is how it should be in my opinion.

If I were running Real Radio I'd pay double what the club are asking to broadcast the games because of the viewing figures, advertising revenue and phone in money, and of course the kudos. Whoever said no to the current price should be sacked.

Man Utd's radio coverage with XFM cost over 200K I think so 60K is a great deal.

I think the price increase is down to the club finally getting savvy regarding how much money's worth to the radio station live broadcasting is, a hell of a lot more than to the club. Again I don't have the exact figures but BBC Radio Newcastle on a match day get over 200K listeners IIRC so I imagine Real Radio get a good figure too. I know I flit in between the two just to get a different perspective, although I prefer Real because of Lockwood's commentary. My mate's company spends over 20K a year on advertising with Real Radio and his is just one of thousands I imagine.

I think in the past under FS and co the club were kind of soft to all the media in regards to broadcasting such as print, radio and TV, probably in favour of a better press. Under Ashley and co however there seems to be a more professional B2B approach which is how it should be in my opinion.

If I were running Real Radio I'd pay double what the club are asking to broadcast the games because of the viewing figures, advertising revenue and phone in money, and of course the kudos. Whoever said no to the current price should be sacked.

Man Utd's radio coverage with XFM cost over 200K I think so 60K is a great deal.

:dowie:

£60k is feck all in the grande scheme of things, what a daft decision.

Should have offered £30k plus £30ks worth of radio advertising for the club, loads of ways round it. Daft daft decision from the radio station

doesnt suprise me with ashley in charge.

Still, Lockwood is shite, the amount of times he has shouted "GOAL!!!" only to follow it up with either "Oh no, its cleared off the line" or "no, its offside" and that cunt McDonald...

Prefer Radio Newc.

Still, Lockwood is s****, the amount of times he has shouted "GOAL!!!" only to follow it up with either "Oh no, its cleared off the line" or "no, its offside" and that c*** McDonald...

Prefer Radio Newc.

Aye, because Radio Newcastle prevent those disallowed goals? :lol:

Still, Lockwood is s****, the amount of times he has shouted "GOAL!!!" only to follow it up with either "Oh no, its cleared off the line" or "no, its offside" and that c*** McDonald...

Prefer Radio Newc.

Aye, because Radio Newcastle prevent those disallowed goals? :lol:

When you watch it on tv, its fucked obvious its offside, and dont know why the fuck he shouts it when its cleared off the line. Remember him shouting it a couple of times when Shola has knocked one wide, FFS you'd think he would know by now to wait until Shola's shot hits the back of the net.

Basically just shite.

EDIT: I will add to that the fact that Moncur is sat next to him constantly correcting him.

So will it be BBC Radio Newcastle only ?

Fkn Lowes & Anderson arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Moncur was bad enough but at least Lockwood made Real Radio's coverage entertaining.

He's so bloody negative.

Fkn Lowes & Anderson arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Moncur was bad enough but at least Lockwood made Real Radio's coverage entertaining.

He's so bloody negative.

As is Moncur but at least he is countered by Lockwood's passion and over excitement. .. Ex players of yesteryear make bad commentators as they are so bitter.

He's so bloody negative.

As is Moncur but at least he is countered by Lockwood's passion and over excitement. .. Ex players of yesteryear make bad commentators as they are so bitter.

True, but not as bad Anderson imo.

Guest toonlass

I would listen to Lockwood over Mick Lowes any day. Shame Real Radio were so shortsighted. Hilarious that they binned the Mackem coverage too though! Mackems are going to have to listen to BBC Newcastle to hear their games,  :laugh:

Guest toonlass

Don't get people's love of Lockwood and his fake shouty commentary.

I don't love him. Just rate him over Mick Lowes.