New Club Captain 2011/12

Dan Gleebals

http://www.footballfancast.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Nile-Ranger-001-300x180.jpg

That expression, man :lol: You just know he's thinking of something firearm related.

Guest icemanblue

Could have been Barton before today's comments. :lol:

Oh, aye, definitely. It's his comments today that will prevent him from being made captain.

Guest CheickMansour

Colocinni. Always been impressed with his performances as captain, seems to relish the responsibility.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Can't see Colo getting it. Not much of a leader and poor at English still.

What's that based on?

My eyes.

Pardew seemed to be happy giving it to him when the regular capitans weren't around. Wonder if he could handle it full time. Seems to be our best option out of everyone right now, though.

Colo has been here a few years now, and he seems to have good infulence. Also he's one of the few people who is garanteed a starting spot week in week out.

Are people seriously suggesting to me that Steven Taylor should be given the captains armband?

The stupid fucker already thinks he's some sort of geordie superhero, imagine how bad he would be with a giant rubber band around his arm. He'd do so much pointing that his arms would fall off and his chest inflation level wouldn't look out of place with Pamela Anderson.

More what I think could happen rather than particularly want to, FWIW.

My eyes.

I love Coloccini, as everyone knows, but he's never looked like a natural leader here. Perhaps because of the language barrier.

Disagree, personally. I think he'd relish the role and would step up to the task.

There are different types of leader of course and they don't always have to be psychos who shout all the time.

I think Colo would be a calming influence.

If not wait until Ben Arfa is firing on all cylinders and give it to him, purely as an inspirational point of view.

There are different types of leader of course and they don't always have to be psychos who shout all the time.

I think Colo would be a calming influence.

If not wait until Ben Arfa is firing on all cylinders and give it to him, purely as an inspirational point of view.

:thup:

Some players lead from the front with the way they play, setting the tone for the rest of the team. Colo's in that bracket and as mentioned, his calming influence would be very good. I also think how comfortable he is with the ball at his feet plays a part in this. He's already the 'leader' of the defence, don't see a problem with him stepping up and becoming captain.

Out of those who we can realistically hope to be left, there's only Coloccini who I'd be confident with it going to. Like Dave mentioned much earlier, I have a feeling that Taylor will be high in the reckoning regardless. Was going to be typically optimistic and suggest that if it did happen the responsibility could somehow turn out to be good for him/make him grow up a bit, but I'm not really convinced it would.

But in all seriousness, I can still see Barton getting it. Don't know how that could possibly happen after today's comments, but I just have an inkling it might happen.

But in all seriousness, I can still see Barton getting it. Don't know how that could possibly happen after today's comments, but I just have an inkling it might happen.

It will if he's still here.

Reckon Pardew will be checking pretty closely how Colo reacts if his amigos are sold.

Having said that, it's a big appointment for Pardew, there's a lot of change happening and he'll be wanting someone to represent him on the pitch going forward the next few years. Unless he buys a natural captain in, I can definitely see him giving it to Steven Taylor.