Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Will 'almost certainly sign' according to Luke Edwards of the Journal.

LukeEdwards0 Luke Edwards

Demba Ba will almost certainly sign although medical might be a problem given his knee problems. As for my AN other it wasn't a clue!! #nufc

Him, Naylor and Cabaye in for seemingly just over £5 million would be a good start to the window.

(ignoring the possiblilty that Ba will be getting a sign-on fee)

Definitely, would be a great start.

Trying to get some info out of a couple of actual ITKs on an Everton forum I frequent. An awful lot of speculation that his wage indeed is £70k p/w, which is ridiculous if true. Will see if anything more solid transpires today.

Long as he's not the only striker we bring in then it's a great move, Best is the only striker on our books who isn't guaranteed to be completely useless next season (and even he might be). We need real competition for spots.

Hoping we get a new #9 and either N'Zogbia or Gervinho, that'd be a great window pretty much wrapped up. Get Enrique to sign a new deal and it'd be the icing on the cake.

Positive :thup:

(let's see if he passes the medical though).

I thought he just couldn't pass one full stop?

He somehow managed to pass one at West Ham..........but failed one at Stoke.

Long as he's not the only striker we bring in then it's a great move, Best is the only striker on our books who isn't guaranteed to be completely useless next season (and even he might be). We need real competition for spots.

Hoping we get a new #9 and either N'Zogbia or Gervinho, that'd be a great window pretty much wrapped up. Get Enrique to sign a new deal and it'd be the icing on the cake.

No idea who but would be tempted to get an old head at centre back, obviously not a Sol Campbell but some experienced, mean bastard who is happy to be back up.

I realise that's probably as fantasy land as us signing a real top class striker but in a perfect world...

No idea who but would be tempted to get an old head at centre back, obviously not a Sol Campbell but some experienced, mean bastard who is happy to be back up.

I realise that's probably as fantasy land as us signing a real top class striker but in a perfect world...

matthew upson free transfer....................

No idea who but would be tempted to get an old head at centre back, obviously not a Sol Campbell but some experienced, mean b****** who is happy to be back up.

Who would you suggest?

Is this transfer on a free then? Someone told me different yesterday!

I reckon it goes somehow like this: Because of his dodgy knee West Ham only paid a small fee for him, say 2m, with up to 4-5m in add-ons if he plays certain amount of games etc. Now this whole contract situation is very confusing to me and nobody has come out and clarified anything about it but I'm guessing that he can leave West Ham and we take over those potential add-ons payments with West Ham losing their 2m.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Positive :thup:

(let's see if he passes the medical though).

I thought he just couldn't pass one full stop?

He somehow managed to pass one at West Ham..........but failed one at Stoke.

Probably didn't even have one at West Ham.

Trying to get some info out of a couple of actual ITKs on an Everton forum I frequent. An awful lot of speculation that his wage indeed is £70k p/w, which is ridiculous if true. Will see if anything more solid transpires today.

Never trust an ITK, especially a scouse one.  O0

No idea who but would be tempted to get an old head at centre back, obviously not a Sol Campbell but some experienced, mean b****** who is happy to be back up.

Who would you suggest?

I am actually thinking of someone but it's purely because he is a proper dirty fucker, he is old and given the level of his club (where he has been for ages) I doubt he is actually any good at all. As said, it's completely down to him being a complete bastard that he sticks in my mind.

Just would be nice to have an experienced 'hardman' who would see us as a last chance to play at the top level so although he wouldn't be a real quality player he would do a job whilst being happy to wait for his chance.