Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Looks like a bullet wound in the middle of his head.

Gangster.

My focus was more drawn to the hairy mole of his cheek.

Here's 50p, go downtown and have a rat knaw that thing off.

What's that off again? :lol:

Uncle Buck

Twas a wart on UB.

Got a good feeling about this guy.  I also had a great feeling about Damien Duff, but fingers crossed and good luck to him.  Let's hope we complement this signing with another couple of striking options (a number 9 and a young up and comer) and get some real competition for places up front.  Get rid of Lovenkrands and Ranger (preferably on loan for me) and Ba's your uncle.

:facepalm:

:lol: I know.

Seems like a quality bloke, looking forward to seeing how the rest of the window plays out. Good start thus far :)

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/116716707.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57D052D3D1778986562E19CBAE4630C9FB35A63E633CEC8385A

Underwelmed,  hope he is not going to be our no .9 But probably will knowing ashley. :sadnod:

Not see that big massive picture on here/.cock?

Ashley smoke screen dont delieve it.

Kevin, is that you?

I would love it if we had a striker love it.

Amazed you can post this. Such a simplification of the reality its practically an untruth.

We offer a stable club, that has been top ten for years now - as opposed to a club that has just rebounded from division 2. A club that has had a manager in place for almost a decade (compared to playing under ten plus managers with probably a new one coming in the new season) - a manager that gets the best out of players, whose stock normally rises under his tutelage and who go on to play for their respective national teams. A manager that has won manager of the year three times. We have a state of the art training facility and we are in a better position than Newcastle to push for honours next year. 6th or 7th place normally is Europe and we were unlucky not to secure it last season.

Suggesting that its just a few league places is disingenuous. If this was purely a footballing decision its extremely doubtful Newcastle would have even had a look in.

Alas once again the toon have gazumped a player with their mighty cheque book of power. If history shows us anything - Emre, Smith, (christ I can't remember the others but there was a few wasn't there) - its that Moyes will use Newcastle to his advantage once more, as a device that sniffs out the mercenaries who are content to draw mega wages whilst languishing in the lower regions of the league and barely breaking a sweat on the pitch.

Sign for NEWCASTLE vs Sign for EVERTON

Play under Pardew vs Play under Moyes - Given that most players stock rises under Moyes thats a vote for Everton. Especially considering that Pardew will probably be fired at some point in the new season.

Newcastle team aspirations may be high but the reality is a mid table finish vs Everton have the potential to finish in a top six position or higher and are expected to finish top 8 come rain or shine. That's another vote for Everton.

So as far as team, manager and aspirations go, Everton is a better club to play for. Historically better too. The only reason to sign for Newcastle is if believe you are suddenly at a peak of popularity, and you are unlikely to do better, and the best thing to do is cash your chips in and play for a club that wont have grandiose expectations of you playing well or working hard but will be content to watch you draw the ludicrous wages they offered whilst managing six goals the entire season.

he'll be injured for half the season as well I reckon.

Interesting to see the views from the outside, anyway.

Amazed you can post this. Such a simplification of the reality its practically an untruth.

We offer a stable club, that has been top ten for years now - as opposed to a club that has just rebounded from division 2. A club that has had a manager in place for almost a decade (compared to playing under ten plus managers with probably a new one coming in the new season) - a manager that gets the best out of players, whose stock normally rises under his tutelage and who go on to play for their respective national teams. A manager that has won manager of the year three times. We have a state of the art training facility and we are in a better position than Newcastle to push for honours next year. 6th or 7th place normally is Europe and we were unlucky not to secure it last season.

Suggesting that its just a few league places is disingenuous. If this was purely a footballing decision its extremely doubtful Newcastle would have even had a look in.

Alas once again the toon have gazumped a player with their mighty cheque book of power. If history shows us anything - Emre, Smith, (christ I can't remember the others but there was a few wasn't there) - its that Moyes will use Newcastle to his advantage once more, as a device that sniffs out the mercenaries who are content to draw mega wages whilst languishing in the lower regions of the league and barely breaking a sweat on the pitch.

Sign for NEWCASTLE vs Sign for EVERTON

Play under Pardew vs Play under Moyes - Given that most players stock rises under Moyes thats a vote for Everton. Especially considering that Pardew will probably be fired at some point in the new season.

Newcastle team aspirations may be high but the reality is a mid table finish vs Everton have the potential to finish in a top six position or higher and are expected to finish top 8 come rain or shine. That's another vote for Everton.

So as far as team, manager and aspirations go, Everton is a better club to play for. Historically better too. The only reason to sign for Newcastle is if believe you are suddenly at a peak of popularity, and you are unlikely to do better, and the best thing to do is cash your chips in and play for a club that wont have grandiose expectations of you playing well or working hard but will be content to watch you draw the ludicrous wages they offered whilst managing six goals the entire season.

he'll be injured for half the season as well I reckon.

Interesting to see the views from the outside, anyway.

Some interesting points.

Still:

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3523/dbphc.jpg