Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Scottwilsonecho Scott Wilson

@TOONLOWDOWN Contract heavily incentivised apparently. Fairly low basic wage, but big bonuses for appearances and goals.

If Demba Ba deal is anything to go by #NUFC clearly keen to offer heavily incentivised contracts. Sensible attempt to avoid mistakes of past

O0

Hopefully. :thup:

I really don't get the appearance fee bit though for a player though. Surely it just serves to increase the chances of bad blood if we don't play him as much as he expects.

Glad it's done. Fantastic signing for nothing.

Considering the likelyhood of signing on fee's and rumoured substantial agents fees, I wouldn't say we got him for nothing.

Guest bimpy474

Fantastic news about the contracts.

This  :snod:

Shows he is confident in his knee and willing to prove himself as well, I suppose.

Its more about contracts that are incentive and success based, more money if you do well ;)

Delighted at the contract length and that it's heavily incentivised based on goals / appearances.

Seems we're finally going about things the right way.

Excited about who the number 9 will be, guessing Erdinc.

Well chuffed with this.. :D

"Ba Ba Ba Ba Demba Ba,

oh

Ba Ba Ba Ba Demba Ba,

Just scored a goal and his knee's still whole

Ba Ba Ba Ba Demba Ba"

:lol: Quality.

VEry pleased with this one, especially the contract which will keep him hungry.

Why did he get a squad number and cabaye didnt?

Maybe the number Cabaye is going to get is held by an existing player who will be leaving and the club didn't want to let a cat out of a bag?

Senegalese striker Demba Ba arrived on Tyneside on Friday to put pen-to-paper on a three-year deal - and is already thinking about scoring his first goal in a black and white shirt.

The former West Ham and Hoffenheim forward is eager to get his United career underway, and on the day the 2011/12 fixtures were released, the 6ft 2in international admits he can't wait for the new season to start

Speaking to nufc tv he said:

"I'm very excited to be here," said Ba, who became the Club's second signing in seven days following the arrival of Frenchman Yohan Cabaye last Friday.

"Everything has been sorted out and now I'm happy because I can start to focus on playing and scoring goals for Newcastle.

"This is a great Club and a very good team, so to sign here was an easy choice to make.

"I have spoken to Hatem (Ben Arfa) about the Club and he told me how happy he is here and how big Newcastle are, so I'm really happy and I can't wait to start playing.

"I know a lot of famous strikers have played here before and I will do my best to win games for the Club.

"When I step on the pitch, all I want to do is win games, and I think the Premier League is a good league for me.

"I will keep on working hard. I've heard that the atmosphere here is great and I can't wait to score some goals

Maybe the number Cabaye is going to get is held by an existing player who will be leaving and the club didn't want to let a cat out of a bag?

Could end up with #4

ATM, front six;

Cabaye      Tiote

Barton                                        Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

It's only going to improve too, good times.

Could end up with #4

23 obviously!

ATM, front six;

Cabaye      Tiote

Barton                                        Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba

It's only going to improve too, good times.

I was about to do that :)