Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Didn't he turn down £50k a week to stay at West Ham?  What stupid figure have the Toffee's decided we're paying him?

Probably the "£75k" that was quoted a few days ago.

This pathetic outsiders view on NUFC is mental.

Have they not seen us selling some of our better players, scrimping and saving, taking advantage of free transfer, bargain deals and unknown prospects? We've spent two years trying to trim the wage bill, yet we still get accused of throwing money at players.

I fucking wish :lol:

Fantastic news about the contracts.

Look, I'm happy that he's signed, it's good news, but an incentivised contract isnt fantastic news. It's a shrewd financial move. But if his knee goes he cant play, on the pitch, where we need him to win games, then we're forced to play someone of a lesser calibre. This is great but it really needs to be accompanied by bringing in at least 2 more of his quality.

I wouldn't take anything the Everton fans are saying to heart, it's just sour grapes. Plain and simple.

Like everyone has said, we're not under Shepherd's management anymore. We're simply spending the money from the Carroll sale, and I firmly believe that if we hadn't sold Carroll in January then we wouldn't be throwing much money about in this window in transfer fees. Definitely pleased with this signing but desperately want us to bring N'Zogbia home and also another striker who could be seen as more 'reliable', especially with ACN set to hit us during a difficult period.

So far £40mil in from the sales of nolan and Carroll, £4.5 mil spent and half of you are doing cartwheels… you’re easily pleased

They are still bitter about Gosling and it really shows.  :lol:

Probably runs deeper than that and goes all the way back to Big Dunc.

Regarding the Big Dunc signing, they must have felt towards us how we've felt this year towards Liverpool re: the Andy Carroll sale (and purported Jonas/Enrique interest). The Emre/Parker/Gosling signings would just be a continuation of that, albeit over a long period.

Look, I'm happy that he's signed, it's good news, but an incentivised contract isnt fantastic news. It's a shrewd financial move. But if his knee goes he cant play, on the pitch, where we need him to win games, then we're forced to play someone of a lesser calibre. This is great but it really needs to be accompanied by bringing in at least 2 more of his quality.

Well aye that goes without saying man, but it's better news than handing him a fat payslip every week regardless of what he does. Don't understand the point of that post whatsoever.

I wouldn't take anything the Everton fans are saying to heart, it's just sour grapes. Plain and simple.

Like everyone has said, we're not under Shepherd's management anymore. We're simply spending the money from the Carroll sale, and I firmly believe that if we hadn't sold Carroll in January then we wouldn't be throwing much money about in this window in transfer fees. Definitely pleased with this signing but desperately want us to bring N'Zogbia home and also another striker who could be seen as more 'reliable', especially with ACN set to hit us during a difficult period.

So far £40mil in from the sales of nolan and Carroll, £4.5 mil spent and half of you are doing cartwheels… you’re easily pleased

Would you rather we got him for, say, £8m instead? Genuine question.

Well aye that goes without saying man, but it's better news than handing him a fat payslip every week regardless of what he does. Don't understand the point of that post whatsoever.

That the very fact we're paying our new striker on a pay-as-you-play/score basis indicates that we'll definitely need 2 further strikers and that he hopes the club realises that?

That the very fact we're paying our new striker on a pay-as-you-play/score basis indicates that we'll definitely need 2 further strikers and that he hopes the club realises that?

Aye, but I think that goes without saying though, and with the rumours I'm pretty sure the club realise that. I'm just saying it is fantastic news that he's seemingly signed a sensible contract, which IS fantastic news whatever way you want to twist or turn it.

is there any proof to the contract he's on or is it just hearsay ?

Is there any proof about any contract, ever? Not really, but a few of the more trustworthy journos were saying it was the case so may aswell take their word on it above nothing.

I'm inclined to think this myself.  These pay-as-you-play deals are often talked about and rarely signed.

It's not even rumoured to be a pay-as-you-play though.

Aye, but I think that goes without saying though, and with the rumours I'm pretty sure the club realise that. I'm just saying it is fantastic news that he's seemingly signed a sensible contract, which IS fantastic news whatever way you want to twist or turn it.

my point is i hope the lads in charge of the money agree, if there's one thing we should have learned by now we can never really be sure about what the club realise

my point is i hope the lads in charge of the money agree

Fair enough matey, me too, wait and see.

I'm inclined to think this myself.  These pay-as-you-play deals are often talked about and rarely signed.

It's not even rumoured to be a pay-as-you-play though.

Fair do's, 'heavily incentivised' then.  We're led to believe that the vast, vast majority of footballers make over 90% of their money through their basic wage.

my point is i hope the lads in charge of the money agree

Fair enough matey, me too, wait and see.

aye it's all a big waiting game at the minute, i have to say though i'm delighted to have 2 progressive signings already

We've spent two years trying to trim the wage bill, yet we still get accused of throwing money at players.

I fucking wish :lol:

In all honesty, i prefer our current approach. You could argue, successfully, that in years gone by the likes of Nolan, Joey and Jose would all now be signed up to cushy long term deals. And while this is obviously what we all want(ed), the same policy would see a bunch of Owens and Vidukas also at the club. And the old policy got us nowhere.

Looks like Martins with a brain from what I've seen.

Not really. Martins was a shit finisher and could only run and score the occasional incredible goal. Demba Ba looks strong, composed and like he gets into the necessary spaces. Still can't see the club only having him as a reinforcement upfront.