Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

will come good after the break, not eating of drinkin makes a huge difference. so the late games have done him no good, nice early one 2day and not playing the whole game helped. i still expect 15 odd goals from him

Didn't see the game so i'm relieved to hear (and see from the highlights) that there was an obvious improvement. That assist was extremely good play tbh, superb control and a precise ball into the box from an awkward height. Decent effort onto the bar, as well. Looks two-footed, if that's anything to go by, too, which is a plus.

Hope he's raring to go after the international break, and the fasting nonsense has finished. Properly wound me up has that whole thing. I understand religious beliefs are a cornerstone of some people's lives, but fuck's sake man. Professional athletes getting paid astronomical amounts of money... and they're not eating anything like properly. If there's a line then that could be it.

But meh. Nearly over with now. We can put a lid on this can of worms for another 12 months now. After a quick read-up, apparently Ramadan moves back about eleven days every year, so it won't be as much of an issue - for his employers and the people that pay to go and see him, that is - next season.

His assist and shot off the bar were both deflected . If it weren't for them deflections he would have been awful.

Didn't the deflection actually take the ball off target? ???  In which case without the deflection he would have been awesome :lol:

Ok, own up. Who said he was quick?

Maybe the Fulham defence are like lightning but he made Ameobi look like the Roadrunner.

Decent cameo, although it wouldnt have taken much to improve on Lovenkrands attempt at looking like a footballer. Hopefully he can shake the rust and get back up to speed, sooner rather than later.

I thought he was quick like, until that Fulham defender effectively jogged to collect the ball away from him.

Was thinking "Oh Ba's quick, yeah? He'll surely be 1on1 here and he'll score!!! Yay!... He is quick isn't he? Huh? Ah he's going to run around the other way, thats it! He's so quick he's actualy going to run around the defender!... Yeah?.... No.

Guest BooBoo

Watched the second goal a numberof times and I still can't decide whether he meant his cross or whether it was just a hit and hope.

Guest BooBoo

It certainly wasn't hit and hope. It wasn't even towards the goal.

I meant did he just lash it back into the middle of the box hoping it would pick out a team mate?

It certainly wasn't hit and hope. It wasn't even towards the goal.

I meant did he just lash it back into the middle of the box hoping it would pick out a team mate?

Ah right. I think it was half and half. He knew Best was there, but essentially just hit it in that general direction.

Minority of fans on his back as soon ad he came on. Quite a few moans and groans as he jogged on.

A few jeers whenever he was involved in play and some were saying he did nowt, looked shite, another Sherla, can't pass water etc. It's bang out of order but some of these fans of ours have already made their minds up and won't change their opinion regardless of how well he does. It's backward behaviour.

Minority of fans on his back as soon ad he came on. Quite a few moans and groans as he jogged on.

A few jeers whenever he was involved in play and some were saying he did nowt, looked s****, another Sherla, can't pass water etc. It's bang out of order but some of these fans of ours have already made their minds up and won't change their opinion regardless of how well he does. It's backward behaviour.

Wankers is the best word for these types. If he'd not come from West Ham, it'd be totally different

A few jeers whenever he was involved in play and some were saying he did nowt, looked s****, another Sherla, can't pass water etc. It's bang out of order but some of these fans of ours have already made their minds up and won't change their opinion regardless of how well he does. It's backward behaviour.

I've sat near some right mongs at SJP, but never heard or seen anything as ridiculous as that.  Towards a player who has played about 2 hours of competitive football for us  :harry:

professional sportsmen fasting during the season ffs, idiots

Why are they idiots? Some people actually follow there religion properly and don't just follow it when it suits them.

there's no way i'm getting into a discussion on the merits of religion. but they're professional footballers, if you want to do something that massively affects your ability to concentrate and perform physically (by letting your blood sugar drop due to not eating) then you shouldnt be a professional sportsman. either that or do what everyone else has done for thousands of years, interpret religious ideas to your own advantage and just believe it doesnt apply to you since you are at a big disadvantage not eating.

eat your pasta, drink your lucozade, then go out there and score a hat-trick for your NEW club that's paying you a fortune. stop bowing to peer pressure and face your responsibilities.