Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I thought he'd provide goals when we signed him and reckoned he was a good signing, but presumed a) that he would get injured and b) he was mainly just a good poacher

He has not got injured, and has been far better than just getting goals in the box has contributed very well :thup:

I was impressed with the majority of his play on Saturday.  His hold up play was good, was winning a bit more in the air than normal, showed some class skills on more than one occassion and was unlucky not to score. 

My only gripes were, a few times he went for goal when he shouldn't have and was too greedy, the sliced left foot volley from a ridiculous angle was one that stands out.  He also tried to beat their whole team a few times, would go past one or two, maybe even three, then just run into trouble and lose it.

Minor complaints though, he really has been fantastic for us  :)

His effort that hit the Ba had that been Rooney, RVP or one of the Man City boys then SSN would be having a wankfest over it, it was sublime skill.

I believe that was saved by Cech, if it's the flick you're on about. His header hit the post. Bloody good header mind.

He did have a decent game on Saturday like. His hold up play was good, had great strength and yeah, he was unlucky not to score at least one of his chances.

The main thing for me is that he is pretty much what you want in a striker :thup:

Credit to Carr, he managed to get us a £20m striker with the vast sums of money Ashley released :)

How is that credit to Carr? Everyone at the club knew about him after his spell at West Ham