Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest palnese

That wouldn't work. He needs someone next to him prepared to roll their sleeves up and graft.

Thought Ba did enough grafting today. I'd like someone like Bellamy to work the channels.

That wouldn't work. He needs someone next to him prepared to roll their sleeves up and graft.

The fact that he played alongside Shola today and scored two suggests otherwise.

Shola was alreet today man and Ba wouldn't have scored the 2nd goal without him.

The fact that he played alongside Shola today and scored two suggests otherwise.

Shola was alreet today man and Ba wouldn't have scored the 2nd goal without him.

Do you think he's worth a start next week?

No. I'd play Best because he's the better all round player IMO. I'd have played him today too. His workrate his better and he works better with Ba. Although Shola was OK today and when he came on against Chelsea I don't know how he's suddenly jumped ahead of Leon Best in the pecking order.

Shola is basically poor, but he's very capable of turning a lot of loose balls into solid possession. That's certainly something that Ba needs.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Shola is basically poor, but he's very capable of turning a lot of loose balls into solid possession. That's certainly something that Ba needs.

He's also capable of turning solid possession into loose balls. That's certainly something that Ba doesn't need.

He's also capable of turning solid possession into loose balls. That's certainly something that Ba doesn't need.

Which is why I'd never choose to play Shola alongside Ba. O0

No. I'd play Best because he's the better all round player IMO. I'd have played him today too. His workrate his better and he works better with Ba. Although Shola was OK today and when he came on against Chelsea I don't know how he's suddenly jumped ahead of Leon Best in the pecking order.

Presumably because Leon Best is still coming back from injury/has no match practice and Shola has done well lately.

:thup:

Agree on Best too.

Presumably because Leon Best is still coming back from injury/has no match practice and Shola has done well lately.

And he still doesn't, having sat on the bench for the last 180 minutes.

And he still doesn't, having sat on the bench for the last 180 minutes.

Which is why I'd be surprised to see him start against Swansea either. Unless he looks particularly sharp in training or gets a run-out with the reserves for some length of time.

Was hoping Pardew would bring him on for Shola around the 70 minute mark, but didn't happen.

Guest Chubby Jason

He looks the complete forward. I bet Stoke are delighted they vetoed his signing and went for proven class like Cameron Jerome.

He looks the complete forward. I bet Stoke are delighted they vetoed his signing and went for proven class like Cameron Jerome.

Not tall enough/good enough in the air for those neanderthals anyway.

Had a proper  :spit: moment reading this :lol: