Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Surely they can do better than Ba, though?

For 7 mill??? He was one of the best strikers in PL before AC, and he'll be one of the best when the next season begins . Cannot believe that some are so relaxed about his departure. He'll be hard to replace.

Would be a devastating blow to lose Demba but if we lost him to Spurs I would lose all respect for him. Pards going on about how its not about the money for him, how he needs to feel loved, well surely he feels that here and going to them would not be for Champions League could only be for money.

Would be a devastating blow to lose Demba but if we lost him to Spurs I would lose all respect for him. Pards going on about how its not about the money for him, how he needs to feel loved, well surely he feels that here and going to them would not be for Champions League could only be for money.

I'd still respect him. First of all, we would not have been in Europe if it wasn't for him. His partners in crime (Shola and Best) aren't what we'd call quality. He almost singlehandedly was our attacking outlet in the first half of the season. Unlike Cisse he didn't benefit from a HBA in form, Tiote had  injury problems so Cabaye had to take more responsibility in defense while Guthrie had the license to roam forward. I like Guthrie but he doesn't have Cabaye's vision. Finally we  had had Obertan on right flank, no other comment needed. Still Ba managed to score 16 goals. Second, Ba's medical history makes this an exception to the rule: His knee could implode anytime, forcing him to retire. He wants to secure the future for himself and his family. He doesn't have a safety net unlike us lucky Norwegians. If a deal with T'ham makes this possible, I understand his choice. Would have done exactly the same myself.

Surely they can do better than Ba, though?

For 7 mill??? He was one of the best strikers in PL before AC, and he'll be one of the best when the next season begins . Cannot believe that some are so relaxed about his departure. He'll be hard to replace.

I'm not relaxed. I'd love him to stay and would hate to see him go.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-striker-demba-ba-is-available-854648

Doesn't sound great. At least if someone does fancy him it gives us plenty of time.

nowt we didn't have an inkling of. interesting final line in that piece as it says that he will have no say in where he goes. Bizzarre.

I saw that too. Surely he can't be forced to sign for somebody?

Guest Haris Vuckic

Sick to death of this s**** already.

Don't read the papers or anything then.

Everybody is for sale and linked with somebody.