Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest Haris Vuckic

It's quickly turning into the plot of a Hollywood movie. I fully expect the Mirror to run with the story that if he doesn't sign for anyone else by July 31 his knee explodes.

Starring Jason Statham as Demba Ba.

Morgan Freeman as Alan Pardew.

Michael Clarke Duncan as Mike Ashley

Is this the same Chelsea who have told Torres he's their #1 striker and are now getting Hulk too? I'm not worried by this.

Chelsea wont buy him..... the only ones in the PL who i reckon actually want him is Spuds and considering they are without CL football iam nowhere near as i worried as i would have been.

Is this the same Chelsea who have told Torres he's their #1 striker and are now getting Hulk too? I'm not worried by this.

Chelsea wont buy him..... the only ones in the PL who i reckon actually want him is Spuds and considering they are without CL football iam nowhere near as i worried as i would have been.

i could see him going to spuds if adebayor doesn't stay. Ba wants to play in the position he had before cisse arrived, knows we are better not playing 2 up front and see's himself getting squeezed out/played out of position. (all IMO of course)

We all knew someone would leave this summer - perhaps it will be Ba. Seems like we are pretty powerless to stop it if he does move - only hope that a good replacement has been lined up by Graham Carr and his team.

I wonder if a move to Spurs could be based on whether he prefers London to Newcastle.

Can't be wages as they tend to pay similar amounts to us.

who said its Ba behind this one? Smells very like those many agents he has.

Wouldn't call it a certainty anyway, lets face it while Redknob probably wants him it comes down to whether Levy is willing to take a risk and offer what will no doubt be a big contract to someone whose knee is a gamble

We aren't willing to take that gamble.  Someone else would, and give him a contract he wants.  I don't blame anyone involved, it is just life.  I genuinely think Ba loves his time here but he has to protect his life earning above everything now since one injury could end his career and that's it.  I don't blame the club too because the thought of having another Smith in our squad for 3-4 more years with over 50k wages is too painful to imagine.

Give him a great reception when he's back to St James.  It's an inevitable divorce but there is still love between us. :weep:

We aren't willing to take that gamble.  Someone else would, and give him a contract he wants.  I don't blame anyone involved, it is just life.  I genuinely think Ba loves his time here but he has to protect his life earning above everything now since one injury could end his career and that's it.  I don't blame the club too because the thought of having another Smith in our squad for 3-4 more years with over 50k wages is too painful to imagine.

Give him a great reception when he's back to St James.  It's an inevitable divorce but there is still love between us. :weep:

Its sad if he goes. But I think there are replacements out there that can further improve our style of play like de Jong.

I didn't worry much about replacement.  The truth is even if there is no replacement, Marveaux could fill in the hole nicely, arguably better than Ba.  Ba's real value to us is he could also play as striker when Cisse's injured, which means Ba is actually a backup player rather than starting eleven.  It is a lot easier for to find a backup striker.  de Jong is a good investment, Best could do a job as well, or unearthing some gems in Bundesliga or Lique 1 would just cost a few millions.

What I worry is the negative effect on Cisse.  The departure of his best buddy, the only mate from Senegal....and also, the money offered by the other club, etc. 

I do wonder about his knee and this clause that says he gets half the £7m transfer fee.  If he thinks he might not have long left to play due to injury or the risk that his knee might explode then I could see why he'd want to cash in on a big money move.

Syrup man will stay..

gone to PSG man

straight swap with gameiro is probably more likely

will be sad to see him leave....would love him to stay....i think we should try and keep him and cisse + sign someone like gameiro for example. 3 top strikers isn´t too much if we wanna compete in all tournaments (and wanna see us as a top team).

could best be the 3rd striker....i dont know?

It's quickly turning into the plot of a Hollywood movie. I fully expect the Mirror to run with the story that if he doesn't sign for anyone else by July 31 his knee explodes.

Starring Jason Statham as Demba Ba.

Morgan Freeman as Alan Pardew.

Michael Clarke Duncan as Mike Ashley

Shola Ameobi as the ghost of Sir Bobby.

Oscars frontrunner right here.

It would be galling to lose him to Spurs ffs. I could stomach him going to Man U/Chelsea type level but Spurs no :rant:

It all sounds very complicated with these agents, his knee and the clause which apparently "opens" today. Get the impression the agents will push things because there's a load of cash to be made but ultimately if Ba knows there's more money/longer contract  he'll probably be off. It would make a mockery if he ends up at Spurs though given they can't offer champs league. No point getting wound up as there's nowt I can do about it.

I just hope that if he does go we have someone lined up (as I'm sure we probably do).

So now Chelsea are after him to, this will never end.. Old Droopy Faced Cunt really must be laughing his tits off at our stupidity over agreeing to the clause.

But The Mag are saying.

Relief For NUFC Fans – Demba Ba’s Contract Clause Has Time Limit

BY JACKIE SMITHFIELD ON THURSDAY 31ST MAY 2012

There are claims emerging that Demba Ba’s contract clause ends on 31st July and does not run throughout his contract, the Daily Mirror amongst others report today.

The clause which is believed to allow Ba to leave for £7m would kind of make sense if it had been given a one year time limit. After his experience at West Ham the player wouldn’t have fancied consecutive relegations and from Newcastle’s point of view, nobody could have dreamed at the season we’ve just experienced or the sheer impact of Demba Ba in the first half of the season.

Quite literally United would have seen it as a throwaway clause as they were getting Ba without a transfer fee attached.

The time limit aspect is reassuring for fans fearing a repeat of the Andy Carroll sale, when the club claimed the deal was done so late there was no time for a replacement.

So we now seemingly have two months where we now have three options rather than two, obviously you still have the possibilities of Ba renegotiating a new contract or moving to another club…but you now also have the possibility of the clause being timed out.

With Newcastle’s new found reputation for hard bargaining it isn’t beyond the realms of possibility that they would be prepared to take it right up to the deadline in the hope that Demba Ba will see Newcastle as his future without an enhanced contract, though the odds are that we will know one way or another before the clause runs out.

The last thing anybody, particularly Alan Pardew, would have wanted would be to go into the new season with only one front line striker again.

If Ba does leave, and I really hope he doesn’t, then there will be at least over a month for Newcastle to bring in the essential second goalscorer.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-wire/relief-for-nufc-fans-demba-bas-contract-clause-has-time-limit/