Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest taps01

No smoke without fire and all that I am pretty certain he will leave just hope we replace him this summer. Bearing in mind it took 12 months to replace Carroll I'm nervous!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-striker-demba-ba-is-available-854648

Doesn't sound great. At least if someone does fancy him it gives us plenty of time.

nowt we didn't have an inkling of. interesting final line in that piece as it says that he will have no say in where he goes. Bizzarre.

I saw that too. Surely he can't be forced to sign for somebody?

You cant unless we would force him and theres no way in hell we would force someone to sign for 7m  :lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

As if they have the brass neck to call that an exclusive. :mackems:

EXCLUSIVELY MADE UP

Guest Haris Vuckic

Sick to death of this s**** already.

Don't read the papers or anything then.

Everybody is for sale and linked with somebody.

I know mate but I can't help it.

It does my head in too because you never really know what will happen, will Ashley stick or twist?

They are even talking about Cisse moving on, he's barely kicked a ball for us!

No smoke without fire and all that I am pretty certain he will leave just hope we replace him this summer. Bearing in mind it took 12 months to replace Carroll I'm nervous!

It's already been acknowledged that there is a clause.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-striker-demba-ba-is-available-854648

Doesn't sound great. At least if someone does fancy him it gives us plenty of time.

nowt we didn't have an inkling of. interesting final line in that piece as it says that he will have no say in where he goes. Bizzarre.

You cant unless we would force him and theres no way in hell we would force someone to sign for 7m  :lol:

even then how could we force him, we couldn't force xisco or alan smith, what chance have we with someone who'd have a good choice of suitors.

No smoke without fire.

Hate this phrase when talking about the media. If there was fire every time they claimed smoke you could safely assume the sun has exploded.

political dictum : if you lie often enough people will accept it.

even then how could we force him, we couldn't force xisco or alan smith, what chance have we with someone who'd have a good choice of suitors.

Not quite the same tbf, Xisco and Smith dont have a release clause and no one is going to pay more than 50k for Smith or Xisco.... while people will pay a lot more than what we currently offer Ba.

We could force him if we wanted to considering the circumstances but we are not going to for that price.

Not quite the same tbf, Xisco and Smith dont have a release clause and no one is going to pay more than 50k for Smith or Xisco.... while people will pay a lot more than what we currently offer Ba.

We could force him if we wanted to considering the circumstances but we are not going to for that price.

how could we force him out ? their situatiuons are the same in that if they don't want to go there's really very little the club can do.

how could we force him out ?

Lets just say the clause dont exist hypothetically..... if a team offered 30m ( ignore the craziness of it all) and we accepted it dont you think its highly likely even if Ba wanted to stay we would force him out due to how much money was on the table?

We could a force a player out if we wanted to and the money on the table is crazy enough but we wont even consider doing that for 7m.

hmm while I treat all such things as utter bullshit but there is the possibility that Ba's representives are the ones pushing this and trying to get their payday since moving a player gets a lot more than keeping a player at the club.

Agents man scum of the earth

Lets just say the clause dont exist hypothetically..... if a team offered 30m ( ignore the craziness of it all) and we accepted it dont you think its highly likely even if Ba wanted to stay we would force him out due to how much money was on the table?

We could a force a player out if we wanted to and the money on the table is crazy enough but we wont even consider doing that for 7m.

if the player wasn't offered better terms he could quite probably say "fuck you, i'm stopping", players have all the power these days. it's easier for a player to force the club into selling than for the club to force the player into moving.

i'll ask again, how would the club go about forcing him out ?

if the player wasn't offered better terms he could quite probably say "f*** you, i'm stopping", players have all the power these days. it's easier for a player to force the club into selling than for the club to force the player into moving.

Good point tbf but i cant see a scenario where if a club offered ridiculous money for Ba that we would be able to offer them better terms....

I am saying if a club is offering better terms and silly money to us and even if Ba wanted to stay i reckon we would try and force the move through just due to the amount of money involved.... one could argue that is what happened with Carroll.

Ba could be forced to move on if the circumstances are right but we wouldnt do it for 7m.

hmm while I treat all such things as utter bullshit but there is the possibility that Ba's representives are the ones pushing this and trying to get their payday since moving a player gets a lot more than keeping a player at the club.

Agents man scum of the earth

Sounds like that.  We are not going to publicise the get out clauses in his contract and suddenly the papers are aware that he has a 2 month window to negotiate a move.  It seems like an agent's work to me and there are supposedly several working on his behalf.

if the player wasn't offered better terms he could quite probably say "f*** you, i'm stopping", players have all the power these days. it's easier for a player to force the club into selling than for the club to force the player into moving.

Good point tbf but i cant see a scenario where if a club offered ridiculous money for Ba that we would be able to offer them better terms....

I am saying if a club is offering better terms and silly money to us and even if Ba wanted to stay i reckon we would try and force the move through just due to the amount of money involved.... one could argue that is what happened with Carroll.

Ba could be forced to move on if the circumstances are right but we wouldnt do it for 7m.

if a club is offering better terms to ba and a price which we want then he'll probably want to go. all a club can do is accept a bid and hope the player reaches agreement, beyong dropping him there's really little they can do to force anyone out.

Guest Haris Vuckic

It's quickly turning into the plot of a Hollywood movie. I fully expect the Mirror to run with the story that if he doesn't sign for anyone else by July 31 his knee explodes.

Starring Jason Statham as Demba Ba.