Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Right, spend 12m on Ba.

Ashley won't do it. Tell me why would he agree with this.

Of course Ashley would be very happy if Ba is willing to stay under the current terms.  Would Ba do so then?

People who don't think losing Demba would be a massive blow...

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120130203007/fusionfall/images/8/84/GTFO-Meme-Rage-Face.png

OK Mick, so what should we do?

FFS, people talk like we are going to miss a regular squad player.

Ba was immense first half of the season, second half he had a drop in form.

But we should do what we can to keep him.

We need to build on what we have, next season we are in Europe, and hopefully a cup run.

He will be very important player for us, loads of matches.

Maybe we can afford to give him a rest during the season to!

Good replacement or not, Ba need to stay imo.

How anyone can say its ok that he leaves is f***ing mental.

We need to KEEP our best players.

Tbf as far as i can tell only one person is saying it.....

Stick to tennis

Face the reality.

The simple reality is that we have to hope no other club triggers his release clause or if they do, Ba is happy and settled here and decides to stay, be it on slightly improved terms that we as a club are happy with or not, because he is not easily replaceable. Luckily, the club seem to realise this and are apparently in talks with the player's representatives.

OK Mick, so what should we do?

It depends on who "we" is, "we" as a club should keep him and "we" as fans should support him.

Nothing to disagree on the latter.

So you think the club should keep Ba by matching the offer from other clubs?  Fine, that is your stand. Just that I don't think Ashley would do so.  I hope he stay too, just very unlikely.

Stick to tennis

Face the reality.

not easily replaceable

If 16m is not enough to replace a back up striker, I have nothing to say anymore.  Stop here Unbelievable.

So you think the club should keep Ba by matching the offer from other clubs?  Fine, that is your stand. Just that I don't think Ashley would do so.  I hope he stay too, just very unlikely.

I didn't say that we should match offers from other clubs. I do think that we brought him in on the cheap and he's had a very good season so we might have to look at doing something with his contract which we do seem to be doing.  He's our player and he's said many times that he's happy here so we should have a good chance of working something out as long as we don't make him feel that he's being taken for granted.

Spurs will offer the clause, find out about the agent fees, dither, Redknapp will kick up a stink, the Spurs board relent.

Then discover the insurance bill is in excess of £5m and cancel the deal. Redknapp wanted the Spurs board to ditch the insurance, gets in a right tiff. Sacked 5th September.

Luke Edwards ‏@LukeEdwardsTele

My 1st question to Demba Ba when he signed for #nufc. Why did u choose 2 sign 4 Newcastle? "I just asked my agent which was the best offer"

My 1st question to Demba Ba when he signed for #nufc. Why did u choose 2 sign 4 Newcastle? "I just asked my agent which was the best offer"

The best offer: financially, for his career, for his personal life. could be anything or a combination of those.

Shit stirring cunt. Why bring this up one year onwards..?

Guest Roger Kint

Even though theres no real need to bring it up its pretty naive to think a footballer is any different to the rest just because he wears our strip. Of course they look after number 1, its hardly a surprise

I remember that being said not long after he signed, actually.

As RK says...it's no surprise. But AP was going on about it being about love etc etc.

Who knows what will happen :dontknow:

AP says these things for a reason. Possibly to distract us from the inevitable. who knows?

Even though theres no real need to bring it up its pretty naive to think a footballer is any different to the rest just because he wears our strip. Of course they look after number 1, its hardly a surprise

I'm not surprised about Ba's answer to that question (I'd be the same), there's just no relevance to it being brought up now by Luke Edwards other than to stir some excrements..

I didn't say that we should match offers from other clubs. I do think that we brought him in on the cheap and he's had a very good season so we might have to look at doing something with his contract which we do seem to be doing.  He's our player and he's said many times that he's happy here so we should have a good chance of working something out as long as we don't make him feel that he's being taken for granted.

Agree with the sentiment, but I am not sure how, even if we left things as they were, Ba could justifiably feel like he was being taken for granted.

s*** stirring c***. Why bring this up one year onwards..?

Exactly. Why would/should Demba Ba have an opinion on us over say Everton anyway for a decision made before he's arrived?

If he likes it here and wants to stay, offer him a reasonable deal.

If his agents are itching to get him elsewhere, that's what will happen.

Either way, his opinion on Newcastle before or on arrival a year ago is irrelevant now.