Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

History is being reinvented.

During that great spell towards the back end we were alternating formations throughout the match 442 443 4231 because we had that flexibility.

We beat Swansea and Chelsea playing a more rigid 442 though.

And Wigan whipped us when we started out playing 4231.

Swansea was 4-2-3-1, Cabaye in behind Cisse, threading through 2 beautiful balls.

Regardless of the formation, you should try and avoid playing two centre forward-types IMO. That's the issue with Ba and Cisse. One of them is bound to lose some effectiveness if you play them together.

Guest taps01

During that great spell towards the back end we were alternating formations throughout the match 442 443 4231 because we had that flexibility.

Swansea was 4-2-3-1, Cabaye in behind Cisse, threading through 2 beautiful balls.

Yeah Swansea was 4-2-3-1 as i remember Cisse and Ba took it in turns to fill in on the left.  Chelsea however was 442.

Yeah Swansea was 4-2-3-1 as i remember Cisse and Ba took it in turns to fill in on the left.  Chelsea however was 442.

swansea when they had the ball was very much a 4-5-1 often with cabaye being the furthest forward pressuring the short ball from centre half to leon britton.

I've noticed Ba seems to be very careful in what he says... or at least that's the way it seems, he never actually comes out and says that hes definitely staying regardless of other clubs come knocking or not, he just says hes happy and that no other clubs have came in for him yet... this way if say Man Utd came knocking, he could leave and still not have lied about it, if you notice every quote hes made about staying is the same, hes not ruling anything out. Probably very smart tbh after the whole Carroll saga.

Trying not to let myself get too wound up by this, if he stays great, but if he decides to go then I just hope we can get an adequate replacement in. Carroll transfer really made me quite numb tbh so I never rule anything out.

Guest frazernufc

When is the deadline on this 'clause' supposed to be?

31st July.

Is that it then forever, or is this clause a yearly thing?

No idea.

If the clause is as straight forward as some thing you would assume any interested club would have moved by now. It's not like they are haggling for a price or whatever :dontknow:

No idea.

If the clause is as straight forward as some thing you would assume any interested club would have moved by now. It's not like they are haggling for a price or whatever :dontknow:

It would be f*ckin hilarious if some club tried to buy him for less than 7m  :lol: