Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Yeah Cisse is the player I would 'drop'. I would think of rotating a front 3 between Marv, Ba, Cisse & Ben Arfa with Ben Arfa being ever present and Ba altering between LW & ST depending on who and how we're playing. Cabaye just behind.

Me too :aww:

He was pretty useless at the start of last season. Let's see what he's like after 6 games.

He hasn't been useless this season, he has scored 1 in 3 which contributed a big part to us getting 3 points.

Don't notice the Cisse thread being bumped ???

He's looked somewhat lethargic. Cisse is the same and he needs a goal. I'm hoping to see major improvement after the international break.

I think Ba has shown more this season (even his goal aside)

but then again, Cisse could have scored  if not for a good save by Guzan...even when Ba is off form, he still has the physical presence which is a benefit to the side, but then again Cisse needs to get his sharpness somehow...

its a  hard decision! I just feel like we need to mix it up somehow, we feel toothless despite having one of the best set of forwards in the league!

His fitness at the moment is, as Bernard Manning would say: "a f***ing disgrace!"

I scrolled down the page and skim read this.  I thought you were going to compare Ba's fitness to Bernard Manning's :lol:  I mean I know Ba looks off the pace, but that would have been a tad harsh!

Both been very poor imo.

I'd agree, and I don't think it's a problem that will go away unless Pardew takes a grip of the situation.

It feels like the two players themselves aren't completely convinced about the partnership. There's been public talk from Pardew about where Ba wants to play so the issue must be floating around the dressing room even if it's not discussed openly.

Ba strikes me as quite a strong, assertive character and it's important that the whole squad feel that Pardew is picking the team completely on merit and according to his own convictions about what works best. There's a question mark around whether that's happening, and that's not healthy.

I'm all for 4-3-3, particularly above dropping player(s) who came so good last season. Had we done to Ba at this stage last season what people are suggesting we do to Cisse (ie drop him), imagine how different our season would have been.

433, ba on the left (he can handle it emotionally and he scored a cracker from there vs spurs) cisse in the middle (pardew's henchman with a radio-line and a cattle-prod on the touchline to get him to make some runs), Ben Arfa on the right and/or wherever the fuck he wants to go. Whoever feels like being a goddamn footballer and doesn't have a sore leg can play midfield. Job done. They should pay me Pardew's salary to wear spectacles and pound a ton of northern vag.