Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

We'd almost certainly be higher up the table, Cisse would be scoring more to compensate for Ba's reduced return, we'd be playing better football and we'd have world peace and a cure for famine.

Or something like that.

Isn't food the cure for famine?

He'll leave on some massive contract, then his knee will explode within a couple of months.

For what it's worth, I think we need to part ways with him. We're setting our entire team up around him, which isn't doing us any favours. It's doing him favours, but ultimately all that does is make it even more likely that he'll leave. Ironically, although Pardew is desperate for him to stay he's making it more likely that Ba will leave with every game he plays entirely focused around him, as it's just putting him in the shop window all the time.

If he'd played on the left of a 4-3-3 all season, he'd have far less goals and nobody would want to go anywhere near him at £90k/week, just as in the close-season. We'd almost certainly be higher up the table, Cisse would be scoring more to compensate for Ba's reduced return, we'd be playing better football and we'd have world peace and a cure for famine.

Or something like that.

I so very much want this to be true. Not the knee thing, that's just cruel.

Guest hatem garrincha

If Ba leaves, replace him with a player like Rémy who can play centrally (ala Henry) and out wide

A different player than Cissé.

He'll leave on some massive contract, then his knee will explode within a couple of months.

For what it's worth, I think we need to part ways with him. We're setting our entire team up around him, which isn't doing us any favours. It's doing him favours, but ultimately all that does is make it even more likely that he'll leave. Ironically, although Pardew is desperate for him to stay he's making it more likely that Ba will leave with every game he plays entirely focused around him, as it's just putting him in the shop window all the time.

If he'd played on the left of a 4-3-3 all season, he'd have far less goals and nobody would want to go anywhere near him at £90k/week, just as in the close-season. We'd almost certainly be higher up the table, Cisse would be scoring more to compensate for Ba's reduced return, we'd be playing better football and we'd have world peace and a cure for famine.

Or something like that.

You're missing something, the shitty long ball doesn't suit Ba or any of our players.  We're not playing long ball football because of Ba, I agree with the rest of your post apart from his exploding knee though.

Exactly. Ba atm is simply the better striker. 2 chances on Saturday, 1 goal. Cisse had two, 1 saved, 1 blazed over.

Granted it was also only 45 minutes but Ba was benched. He came on, 2 chances and 2 goals. He looked better than Cisse beforehand anyway but from there, there's been no turning back.

I find it absolutely ridiculous when people make such excuses for Cisse. The 4-4-2 suiting Ba and not Cisse has to be up there. The long ball, creating f all suiting Ba is a close second. ATM, anything with Ba playing centrally will suit him because he's in goalscoring form.

Yet Ba is the one finishing off his chances and creating them for himself. Ba's a brilliant player. He gives his all for us, works hard for the team and scores goals. Just because he wants to be paid more doesn't mean he's an asshole and needs to be shipped out. He's been playing and scoring like a top 3 CF in the Premiership but he's not even being paid close to his market value. Why are begrudging him for wanting to be paid as he's worth?

I know we all want what's best for the club but objectively speaking, the guy who is being fucked over is Ba.

Because Cisse is clearly the more pure goalscorer and the mire instinctive finisher. IMO obviously.

Wouldn't mind if he started showing it again. Until then your statement regarding Cisse being more clinical than Ba is a bit of a joke tbh.

Not really, Cisse has scored less in large part because he has been played out of position in a team that's not performing.

I can't believe anyone genuinely thinks that the central striker shouldn't be Cisse... it beggars belief based on the ability of both players.

Because Cisse is clearly the more pure goalscorer and the mire instinctive finisher. IMO obviously.

Wouldn't mind if he started showing it again. Until then your statement regarding Cisse being more clinical than Ba is a bit of a joke tbh.

Not really, Cisse has scored less in large part because he has been played out of position in a team that's not performing.

I can't believe anyone genuinely thinks that the central striker shouldn't be Cisse... it beggars belief based on the ability of both players.

The last 3 matches? Really?!

It beggars belief? I really can't understand the opinion of Ba on here. Maybe if we paid for him or he scored the goal of the season he would get more credit.

I love Ba to bits, it's just obvious to me that he's more suited to the wide role and Cisse is more suited to central. It's completely clear cut IMO.

Obviously the alternative is just to drop Cisse completely.

It beggars belief? I really can't understand the opinion of Ba on here. Maybe if we paid for him or he scored the goal of the season he would get more credit.

I love Ba to bits, it's just obvious to me that he's more suited to the wide role and Cisse is more suited to central. It's completely clear cut IMO.

Obviously the alternative is just to drop Cisse completely.

Agree 100% with this.