Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

No deal agreed....yet. It takes 4 hrs to reach London by car so it'll be agreed tonight you can bet on that.

:lol: It does if you mow down every Tom, Dick and granny on the way, aye.

If Demba's agent is driving he'd mow down his own granny so don't expect a long journey mate.

:lol: I'm getting the train to London at 7, if I see Ba I'll let you all know.

Your train will take 3 hours and 12 minutes.

:lol: Creep.

Guest neesy111

No deal agreed....yet. It takes 4 hrs to reach London by car so it'll be agreed tonight you can bet on that.

:lol: It does if you mow down every Tom, Dick and granny on the way, aye.

If Demba's agent is driving he'd mow down his own granny so don't expect a long journey mate.

:lol: I'm getting the train to London at 7, if I see Ba I'll let you all know.

Your train will take 3 hours and 12 minutes.

:lol: Creep.

This is British Rail, it will probably be delayed. :lol:

Surprised that Demba Ba isn't receiving a bit more criticism here. (And criticism is what it should be. He's not deserving of some daft abuse.)

Why exactly is he leaving? He's playing in his favoured position and is scoring goals. Alright, maybe we're not preforming well as a team, but so what? He's part of  that team.

People mentioning that he was a free transfer and therefore we should be grateful for what he did for us (agree with that part), but let's just remember that it was Ba on the phone who was pleading with Pardew to sign him-up for NUFC. The favour is mutual, imo.

He's going to a team that wins things, if it was QPR I would have been first in line to shoot him with shit but can you blame a player for wanting to play for a team who will challenge for stuff?

Surprised that Demba Ba isn't receiving a bit more criticism here. (And criticism is what it should be. He's not deserving of some daft abuse.)

Why exactly is he leaving? He's playing in his favoured position and is scoring goals. Alright, maybe we're not preforming well as a team, but so what? He's part of  that team.

People mentioning that he was a free transfer and therefore we should be grateful for what he did for us (agree with that part), but let's just remember that it was Ba on the phone who was pleading with Pardew to sign him-up for NUFC. The favour is mutual, imo.

Chelsea are a bigger and better club will top class players who'll pay him more money and the chance to play in the Champions League and win things. They could take any of our players at will, let alone one with a relatively small buy-out clause.

The only criticism is he could have been clearer about his intentions, but I don't think that would have made any difference anyway. Until someone came up with the money he wasn't going to leave, and aside from the 'play up front' thing he's given us his best every week IMO.

Guest Eggenberger

Because having a wage cap of 40.000 ( or there abouts) is not enough to secure long-time services of arguably one of the best strikers in the division. Ba can make twice that elsewhere and knows it.

He's going to a team that wins things, if it was QPR I would have been first in line to shoot him with shit but can you blame a player for wanting to play for a team who will challenge for stuff?

To be fair he did say criticism not abuse. Can't blame him for leaving but don't feel upset about it either. We did get him to where he is though so I think Dinho is right in saying the favour was mutual rather than Saint Ba honouring us with his grace and blessings.

Why should he be receiving more criticism? He doesn't owe us anything and he has given his all when playing for us

I don't like this attitude of having a go at players that leave (it's different when they are cunts like Duff, Owen etc)

We happily accept players that ditch their previous clubs so we have to begrudgingly accept players will do that to us. All I personally want is 100% from the player whilst playing for us

Won't play. Enjoy the bench big man.

Better striker than Torres for the past two years. Don't see why people assume he will not play.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01514/Roman-Abramovich_1514495c.jpg

Your point being they can afford any striker in the world? Whilst that is true I think people underestimate Ba. He's proven to be one of the very best strikers in the Premiership over the course of the last two seasons, especially first half of last season and this. Playing in a better team that create loads more chances, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave Van Persie a run for his money for Premiership top goalscorer.

My point being he will want Torres playing.

Ah, that's fair enough then. I feel Ba has enough quality to displace Torres from the first team though. He will just have to prove himself all over again, which I guess is part of the attraction as far as he is concerned.

Chelsea don't need Ba as an out and out striker as much as we did though as they have goals all over the pitch. Torres has started scoring recently though no where near as prolific as Ba. Even so Torres offers more than Ba in terms of overall play and he generally contributes a lot at times having major impact on games that he doesn't score in.

It's more probable that Ba will offer goals off the bench when Chelsea are struggling to get past stubborn defences like Stoke. Something you need in all title-winning sides.

Again I think that is an underestimation of Ba. He's a much better, more allround footballer than some people on here give him credit for.

He's  clueless , you just have to watch him especially with his back to goal, even if he's on the halfway line 95 percent of the time will always decide to try and spin his marker and run towards goal and ultimately run into a brick wall then fall on his ass. 

:dowiespin:

Lets see, bettering his career, pay rise, London,  a manager that isn't Pardew,  genuine chance of champs league football next season,  huge sign on fee,  bigger club,  better players, a manager that actually won things,  not far from title challenge . List goes on

Can we blame him? No.

To be fair he did say criticism not abuse. Can't blame him for leaving but don't feel upset about it either. We did get him to where he is though so I think Dinho is right in saying the favour was mutual rather than Saint Ba honouring us with his grace and blessings.

Not sure I understand, he came to us, scored loads of goals and is now looking likely to leave for a better club.

Has anyone said we owed him anything? He has every right to leave if we accept a bid or a clause is activated. He has done well for us so don't think he needs to pay us back, as much as I will be gutted if he does go.

He's going to a team that wins things, if it was QPR I would have been first in line to shoot him with s*** but can you blame a player for wanting to play for a team who will challenge for stuff?

We did?

Why should he be receiving more criticism? He doesn't owe us anything and he has given his all when playing for us

I don't like this attitude of having a go at players that leave (it's different when they are cunts like Duff, Owen etc)

We happily accept players that ditch their previous clubs so we have to begrudgingly accept players will do that to us. All I personally want is 100% from the player whilst playing for us

I will criticise a player if they leave on the grounds of pure greed (Barton and Nolan for two) but a player who is leaving to progress their career? I can't blame them.

I also don't think Ba will be a bench player, him playing in a side containing the amount of creative players Chelsea have? He will score a fuck ton.

Oh, let's just bow down every time that a bigger clubs tries to pinch our players then. :lol:

Why does he have to to leave? You can't bring-up that excuse that you've just mentioned because Ba was linked with moves away for nearly a year now. Are you telling me that 6 months into his NUFC career he suddenly decided that he actually wants to move to bigger things? (Even though we were doing well in the league at the time)

Nope, it's nothing to do with that. There's a clause there and him, and his agents, know that this is a great opportunity to make big money for themselves.

I'd seriously question your judgement if you can't see that money the biggest issue here.

He's going to a team that wins things, if it was QPR I would have been first in line to shoot him with s*** but can you blame a player for wanting to play for a team who will challenge for stuff?

We did?

I'm not saying we super-coached him into becoming a much better player than he was before but we provided a stage for him to excel, even pushing out a 10 million pound signing out to the wing to meet his wishes. You can't deny that we helped him become noticed and wanted by the top clubs in England including Chelsea.

Lets see, bettering his career, pay rise, London,  a manager that isn't Pardew,  genuine chance of champs league football next season,  huge sign on fee,  bigger club,  better players, a manager that actually won things,  not far from title challenge . List goes on

Can we blame him? No.

Don't forget lesser chance of first team football.

Oh, let's just bow down every time that a bigger clubs tries to pinch our players then. :lol:

Why does he have to to leave? You can't bring-up that excuse that you've just mentioned because Ba was linked with moves away for nearly a year now. Are you telling me that 6 months into his NUFC career he suddenly decided that he actually wants to move to bigger things? (Even though we were doing well in the league at the time)

Nope, it's nothing to do with that. There's a clause there and him, and his agents, know that this is a great opportunity to make big money for themselves.

I'd seriously question your judgement if you can't see that money the biggest issue here.

Obviously he will get more money but he is going to a club who will challenge for stuff, you're questioning my judgement because you can't understand why a player would leave to join a club who are likely to win things? ???

Can we blame him? No.

It isn't a done deal yet. Fairly sure Ba will want first team football as a stipulation in his contract and also to be played centrally. Where that leaves Roman's plaything Torres , Lord knows.

Can we blame him? No.

It isn't a done deal yet. Fairly sure Ba will want first team football as a stipulation in his contract and also to be played centrally. Where that leaves Roman's plaything Torres , Lord knows.

He hasn't got a hope in hell of getting anything like that in his contract at Chelsea, they'd tell him to fuck off sharpish.

Can we blame him? No.

He hasn't got a hope in hell of getting anything like that in his contract at Chelsea, they'd tell him to fuck off sharpish.

Rafa loves Torres and one upfront, think Ba will be spending time on the bench and on the wing.

Can we blame him? No.

Yeh I still got a feeling he will stay until the summer, when we can't agree a suitable contract and he will be sold then.

Because I'm not sure what the Chelsea's medical team is going make of his knee condition, and how Ba's agent is going to complicate things.