Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Won't play. Enjoy the bench big man.

He'll fire them into the title race by offering goals from off the bench. I actually think he'll be happy with that role at Chelsea though.

when he's doubling his wages I'm sure he will.

Scott Wilson @Scottwilsonecho

Debuchy deal should be completed when player arrives at #NUFC for medical this week. Ba to Chelsea? No deal agreed but both parties keen.

Surely we've got something else lined up? :undecided:

Debuchy deal should be completed when player arrives at #NUFC for medical this week. Ba to Chelsea? No deal agreed but both parties keen.

Both parties would surely be Ba and Chelsea as we'll have no say in the matter thanks to the release clause?

Better striker than Torres for the past two years. Don't see why people assume he will not play.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01514/Roman-Abramovich_1514495c.jpg

Your point being they can afford any striker in the world? Whilst that is true I think people underestimate Ba. He's proven to be one of the very best strikers in the Premiership over the course of the last two seasons, especially first half of last season and this. Playing in a better team that create loads more chances, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave Van Persie a run for his money for Premiership top goalscorer.

Both parties would surely be Ba and Chelsea as we'll have no say in the matter thanks to the release clause?

Ah, probably.

Don't be daft will be last minute thing as usual - we tried.

My mate reckons we are in for Kjaer on loan till end of season then permanent. Would take him as replacement for Williamson like

Can't say I've ever felt that attached to Ba as a player, considering how good a goalscorer he is. There's just always been something missing for me, something that has stopped me seeing him as a great NUFC striker.

Will be sad to see him go, especially for that price, but I do believe we will improve as a team without him.

Sums it up for me too.

Best bit is it'll take all of 4 minutes for him to sign and then tell us it wasn't about the money.

Which would be fair enough considering it's Chelsea, but even if he did only move for money, wouldn't you? Multiple clubs appear to be willing to pay him what he wants, so he's obviously worth it. Point your blame at Ashley, not Ba.

If he's replaced I'm not sure there's any 'blame' to be dished out is there? We signed a striker on a free who had a 1 in 2 scoring record for us and we've ended up getting a fee for him. As football goes that's a pretty good bit of business.

Better striker than Torres for the past two years. Don't see why people assume he will not play.

Your point being they can afford any striker in the world? Whilst that is true I think people underestimate Ba. He's proven to be one of the very best strikers in the Premiership over the course of the last two seasons, especially first half of last season and this. Playing in a better team that create loads more chances, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave Van Persie a run for his money for Premiership top goalscorer.

My point being he will want Torres playing.

Best bit is it'll take all of 4 minutes for him to sign and then tell us it wasn't about the money.

Which would be fair enough considering it's Chelsea, but even if he did only move for money, wouldn't you? Multiple clubs appear to be willing to pay him what he wants, so he's obviously worth it. Point your blame at Ashley, not Ba.

If he's replaced I'm not sure there's any 'blame' to be dished out is there? We signed a striker on a free who had a 1 in 2 scoring record for us and we've ended up getting a fee for him. As football goes that's a pretty good bit of business.

Yep. I can remember plenty on here weren't too keen on a free transfer striker at the time as well.

Ifs buts and when,  we all know lily livered Pardew is not ever going to play him out wide again so thats a moot point.  Unless your undeniable faith in Pardews ability has changed all of a sudden lol

I never mentioned what Pardew would or wouldn't do, I was on about what would have been best for us.

Yeh well yet again another moot point,doesn't matter if you mentioned him or not since when did Pardew or the chairman did what was best for us?

Ultimately it's Pardew who decides where Ba plays.  Unless you think he's going to be sacked soon and all of sudden we will have a new manager tommrow who will make use and keep both Ba and Cisse in the team and the power to refuse to sell certain players.

Not likely is it?

Point being Abramovich won't want his £50m striker sat on the bench.

No deal agreed....yet. It takes 4 hrs to reach London by car so it'll be agreed tonight you can bet on that.

:lol: It does if you mow down every Tom, Dick and granny on the way, aye.

If Demba's agent is driving he'd mow down his own granny so don't expect a long journey mate.

No deal agreed....yet. It takes 4 hrs to reach London by car so it'll be agreed tonight you can bet on that.

:lol: It does if you mow down every Tom, Dick and granny on the way, aye.

If Demba's agent is driving he'd mow down his own granny so don't expect a long journey mate.

:lol: I'm getting the train to London at 7, if I see Ba I'll let you all know.

Ah, that's fair enough then. I feel Ba has enough quality to displace Torres from the first team though. He will just have to prove himself all over again, which I guess is part of the attraction as far as he is concerned.

Ah, that's fair enough then. I feel Ba has enough quality to displace Torres from the first team though. He will just have to prove himself all over again, which I guess is part of the attraction as far as he is concerned.

Chelsea don't need Ba as an out and out striker as much as we did though as they have goals all over the pitch. Torres has started scoring recently though no where near as prolific as Ba. Even so Torres offers more than Ba in terms of overall play and he generally contributes a lot at times having major impact on games that he doesn't score in.

It's more probable that Ba will offer goals off the bench when Chelsea are struggling to get past stubborn defences like Stoke. Something you need in all title-winning sides.