Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I have a feeling this will not end well for Demba, not sure why.

Good luck to him, if they are offering silly money, there is little we can do about it. Cisse will come into his own now - thats if he does not put Shola in Demba's place, which I would not put past him.

Also have grave concerns in our ability to replace him in Jan.

Ah fuck.  Know I've read that I'm a bit sad  :'(

Was thinking I had totally accepted him going and thought it was for the best, now I'm gutted TBH.

Probably already been said.  But he looked like he'd played his last game for us at Arsenal.  Came over at the end and was there for some time.  Was hardly like Lovenkrands or the Nolan and Barton lap of honour, but he doesn't always acknowledge the fans, especially after a humping.

I'm assuming this is what Sammy was referring to anyway...

@Sammy_Ameobi: Uh oh

:undecided:

Got to wonder what some of the bigger pros are going to think- the likes of Krul, Colo, Ben Arfa, Cabaye.

Well, we are losing a brilliant striker and definitely one of the best in the league :(

That's my biggest worry about him leaving tbh.

Oh well, i suppose a couple of good things can come from this, Cisse is the main man now, we can get someone in who can play in and round cisse to help him.

The only thing is we have lost a proven goal scorer.  Hard to replace.

to play the way the majority think we ought to play ie 1 up front with support from behind, we have a proven goalscorer . (need another in incase of injury and for more options though).

This seemed inevitable with the release clause being what it is: made worse that we didn't strengthen in the summer and highlighted our lack of ambition. Chelsea is a much better proposition for any player (I'm sad to say this but it is true) who wants to have a shot at winning something.

My concern now is that other of our top players want to move on to perceived better opportunities.

I for one would have continued with Ba on the right and Cisse up front. Instead of making the player happy, he just placed himself in the shop window and left our future stuck out wide.

Got to wonder what some of the bigger pros are going to think- the likes of Krul, Colo, Ben Arfa, Cabaye.

Well, we are losing a brilliant striker and definitely one of the best in the league :(

It's not as if the club are showing a lack of ambition by letting him go on the cheap. He had a clause which we've battled to have removed from his contract. It was out of our hands.

It's not ideal that we've spent all season accommodating his wish to play centrally at the expense of Cisse in the hope that we'd hang onto him, and he's still offed at the first opportunity.

Thanks for the goals, goodbye to The Ego.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/01/02/alan-pardew-we-will-cope-if-we-lose-demba-ba-72703-32529409/

Pardew – who is also eyeing a centre-back – said that he was keen to bring in a striker too.

He said: “That is an ongoing situation.

“The window is notoriously difficult to get somebody early.

“Agents being clever and play one club off against another – and sometimes bring in phantom clubs.

“It usually takes until the end of the window.”

:celb:

Guest neesy111

Not at all happy we are losing our top goalscorer. But....

Happy that the circus around him will be gone from the club and dressing room.  We have time to get a replacement in, though I'm 50/50 whether we'll get a replacement or not.

Alas this is reality for clubs without CL football or mega money. We will get there eventually :)

Guest neesy111

If Debuchy, CB and Striker come in then it'll been a very good window as long they turn out to be good signings.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/01/02/alan-pardew-we-will-cope-if-we-lose-demba-ba-72703-32529409/

Pardew – who is also eyeing a centre-back – said that he was keen to bring in a striker too.

“Agents being clever and play one club off against another – and sometimes bring in phantom clubs.

Wtf is a phantom club? :lol:

Oh well, i suppose a couple of good things can come from this, Cisse is the main man now, we can get someone in who can play in and round cisse to help him.

to play the way the majority think we ought to play ie 1 up front with support from behind, we have a proven goalscorer . (need another in incase of injury and for more options though).

This seemed inevitable with the release clause being what it is: made worse that we didn't strengthen in the summer and highlighted our lack of ambition. Chelsea is a much better proposition for any player (I'm sad to say this but it is true) who wants to have a shot at winning something.

My concern now is that other of our top players want to move on to perceived better opportunities.

I for one would have continued with Ba on the right and Cisse up front. Instead of making the player happy, he just placed himself in the shop window and left our future stuck out wide.

Of course Chelsea are a better proposition for trophies. They're bankrolled by the 50th richest man in the world who, in a decade, has pumped in £1 billion of his own cash.

Wtf is a phantom club? :lol:

A club that supposedly wants a player but doesn't actually want the player. I think.

Indeed - from what I've read he's a popular player in the dressing room.  Just need to bring in a quality replacement - someone who can compliment Cisse. 

To be fair Cisse is a proven goal scorer.

This. Cissé doesn`t score when playing on the wing and neither did Ba.

It's not as if the club are showing a lack of ambition by letting him go on the cheap. He had a clause which we've battled to have removed from his contract. It was out of our hands.

:thup: Hopefully the signing of Debuchy will help show the players we are trying to push forward, of course it isn't enough but its a start.

Good luck with ya medical Demba, he fails that what would he do then?

Chelsea are rich enough to take the gamble.  Can't see that even being an issue.  £7mil for a player who's a proven goal scorer is an absolute steal.

Good luck with ya medical Demba, he fails that what would he do then?

Chelsea are rich enough to take the gamble.  Can't see that even being an issue.  £7mil for a player who's a proven goal scorer is an absolute steal.

Will be if they find a knee issue and he wants a 5 year deal on £90k per week