Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Madras is right. We'll be flexible with the wages we offer. We will have an overall budget but I don't think we'll have a serious cap on individual wages. We'll have different caps for different players. Players playing in important positions will have a higher cap. Younger players, lower. Does anyone think Debuchy will be on 50k? I highly doubt it.

Transfer fees will also pay a part. Since bosmans don't cost anything in fees to other clubs, our wage limit for them will obviously be higher than players who cost money. I imagine that most players we buy will get a loyalty payment from their previous club, meaning that they would in general accept lower weekly wages. Bosmans won't cost anything in fees to other clubs, only sign on fees and wages, so our 'cap' on them will be higher.

This the 'Is there a wage limit or not' thread? Every thread seems to be getting de-railed at the moment. The sooner the summer transfer window opens the better........

Anyway, back on topic. I don't think he will stay. But he might.

Ideal scenario would be that he leaves and we get a left winger/striker in. Ba's a good player but under Pardew we don't flourish as a team with him as the main man. I'd love to see what a decent manager could do with our team.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/01/02/chelsea-rekindle-talks-with-nufc-star-demba-ba-72703-32532684/

CHELSEA are understood to have rekindled talks with Newcastle United star Demba Ba over a possible January move.

The Chronicle understands that after a initial round of talks proved the unproductive, Ba's representatives have gone back to the Blues to discuss the matter further.

Ba has hit 13 goals this season and has been made a lucrative offer to stay on Tyneside.

But without any assurances from the striker over his future at Newcastle the Magpies are braced for a potential exit.

Hope he gets hammered tonight

I hope Everton get hammered, not anyone playing for us though. Obviously it's not ideal whats going on, but we're not in the position to give our own players grief, points are at an absolute premium.

Hope he gets hammered tonight

I hope Everton get hammered, not anyone playing for us though. Obviously it's not ideal whats going on, but we're not in the position to give our own players grief, points are at an absolute premium.

:thup:

drop him from the squad

This. :thup:

No matter how many goals he's scored so far, he's clearly not at NUFC with his head. Drop him, play Cisse through the middle. Probably Obertan and I-know-it's-not-right Sammy next to him.