Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest icemanblue

Even if it is all about the money, should he really be hated for it?

He's got, what is reported to be, a massively unstable knee injury. If I was in his position, I'd want to be maximising my earnings before my career came to an unexpected and premature end.

He's got, what is reported to be, a massively unstable knee injury. If I was in his position, I'd want to be maximising my earnings before my career came to an unexpected and premature end.

Especially if a regular title challenger come calling. They'll be in the Champions League next year minimum, we won't. :lol:

:thup: Get it while he can. Not mad at him. He's been great for us and that's good enough.

Yeah me as well and i'm not too bothered about it all tbh, he wants to go to Chelsea? so be it just make sure we replace him and move on.

Newcastle United Football Club was here long before Demba and we be here long after Demba.....

Thanks for the goals big man.

Other day I wanted him dropped or put out wide, now I hope he does play, need every player available at the minute as it is, especially our top scorer :lol: although i'll still be a bit annoyed if Cisse doesn't start in the middle

Guest icemanblue

Especially if a regular title challenger come calling. They'll be in the Champions League next year minimum, we won't. :lol:

Aye, that as well. Too many people looking at it through black and white gegs. It's a no-brainer for him, I'm afraid. He has no emotional tie to the club or area, and he certainly doesn't owe us a thing.

Ashley's blue print is to buy players cheap and sell for a profit so players will use us in the same way.  They are signing for us as relatively unknowns with something to prove and putting themselves in the shop window and if bigger clubs come calling then they will move on.

The only way that will change will be if we start to win things and pay competitive wages and neither are likely to happen.

:thup:

I won't hold it against him for going. Just as long as he goes quickly without a whole load of media stories about Pardew telling him not to go, then his "agent" saying he wants to. Then 1 minute before the deadline, he fucks off leaving us in the shitter again.

With the right forward/wide left type of player hopefully brought in (yeah righto), we might be a better all round team.

Dont really think that many are giving 'he owes us' argument. Fan's just want this sorting out sooner rather than later as it's not helping the squad at all and the situation with our league position is delicate.

Ba's been a brilliant player, but if him leaving allows some pressure off the players, especially Cisse, then so be it.

Basically we're now at the point at which any numpty can make up anything about the process and they'll probably be close to the truth. He's going to sign soon, it's just a matter of when.

Heard he has signed for Chelski but keeping it quiet until after tonight's game! Pretty good source but we will have to wait and see i suppose.

Don't think Chelsea would allow him to play for us if the deal had been completed.

He wont even be on the bench, never mind playing.

Guest neesy111

Also the lack of ambition shown by the club in the summer might not have helped things in convincing him we can meet his career aspirations medium term.

Also the lack of ambition shown by the club in the summer might not have helped things in convincing him we can meet his career aspirations medium term.

dat sentence...are you a mid-level manager? :lol:

dat sentence...are you a mid-level manager? :lol:

http://www.learningpool.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2010/07/david-brent_94366a.jpg

IF in theory we did a player swap deal to the value of £7.5m (The release clause amount) would 'the Ba's' get anything other than the signing on fee ie not the 50% of the transfer fee?

John Terry straight swap and Lampard as player/assistant manager ??

Hasn't stopped us getting Debuchy, I reckon he can just get more cash elsewhere. Good luck to him.