Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

That's why I asked. Have any notable January transfers gone through for players away at the ACoN before? Would be rather awkward to arrange, surely?

I looked at a few years worth of winter transfers on transfermarkt.de and I didn't see nay but I didn't go all the way back. 

Quite nice they've got a separate section  for winter transfers alone.  If anyone else wants to have a look:

http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/statistiken/winter/transfers_GB1_1992.html

That's why I asked. Have any notable January transfers gone through for players away at the ACoN before? Would be rather awkward to arrange, surely?

I looked at a few years worth of winter transfers on transfermarkt.de and I didn't see nay but I didn't go all the way back. 

Quite nice they've got a separate section  for winter transfers alone.  If anyone else wants to have a look:

http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/statistiken/winter/transfers_GB1_1992.html

:thup:

1756: On a serious note, do you think any of the top six sides may take a look at Demba Ba in January? He is scoring all sorts of goals at the moment. A free-kick the other day, headers, scrappy goals like today's effort. He and Gary Cahill had a right old battle as well, he can mix it up. I'll start the bidding at, say £8m? Who will buy?

wtf BBC?? we're one frickin point off the "top six sides". gahhhh.

The Top 6 in stature is a valid statement to make. Everyone else in the league are basically feeder clubs to the top 6 atm. Only in the top 6 do you stand any chance of your players not being swiped by someone else in the league. Spurs just about kept hold of Modric, same with Gerrard some years earlier.

Everyone else will ALWAYS bend with the pressure.

Just been on 5Live (not sure if has been posted on here) apparently Paul Merson said on Soccer Saturday that Ba should leave us for Villa, because 'they are a bigger club'.  :D

Where does Merson's hatred of us come from?

What the feck? :lol:

Just been on 5Live (not sure if has been posted on here) apparently Paul Merson said on Soccer Saturday that Ba should leave us for Villa, because 'they are a bigger club'.  :D

Where does Merson's hatred of us come from?

is he on the drink or drugs again, or has he had a bet on Villa Signing him ?

FWIW his basis for that was that we get similar support but they've won a lot of trophies since we last won one. Which is true.

He was also a fans favourite IIRC former Villa player. Who gives a fuck man?

FWIW his basis for that was that we get similar support but they've won a lot of trophies since we last won one. Which is true.

He was also a fans favourite IIRC former Villa player. Who gives a fuck man?

Not me, was just explaining his 'point'. :lol: