Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

So Senegal's games are on the 21st, 25th and 29th of January, so he'd miss Fulham away, any potential 4th round FA cup tie & probably Blackburn away (1st Feb).

Potential Senegal quarter final would be on the 4th Feb which would rule him out of Villa at home, and if they make the final he'd miss Spurs away. Knowing our luck we'll be out the cup by then so he wouldn't play for us again until February 25th

In PL terms he isn't going to offered a chance at a bigger club (I.E. top 6). I can't see Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, or Spurs wanting him. They will always go for the bigger/more expensive name from elsewhere, Spurs less so.

They best move to another Premiership team would a sideways move at best in my opinion, for this reason I can't actually see him leaving the club for a while yet.

Guest optimistic nit

In PL terms he isn't going to offered a chance at a bigger club (I.E. top 6). I can't see Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, or Spurs wanting him. They will always go for the bigger/more expensive name from elsewhere, Spurs less so.

They best move to another Premiership team would a sideways move at best in my opinion, for this reason I can't actually see him leaving the club for a while yet.

if he keeps this scoring form up i think that he will be big and expensive.  liverpool, arsenal and chelsea all need another striker.

Guest Heneage

Do we pay this guy £500,000 a goal? :lol:

It does remind me of a contract Vieiri had at Fiorentina (I think it was them or Atalanta) where by he got the basic Italian professional wage, and 100k for every goal.

you'd always worry about these arseholes when adebayor goes back to spain, which he will, they could offer 20-30m for a striker no bother and he's the best outside the top clubs - simple as that

Glad to see him living up to the potential of "scoring goals wherever he goes" - this has been a great signing, can't believe he's leading our front line.

As far as upcoming fixtures in January, I'm not sure we'll miss him as much in the FA Cup as I hope we put out a more "experimental" squad with the likes of Best and Loven getting a start up front with some good firepower behind them.

We'll miss him in the PL though, but I think it is a very winnable set of fixtures.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg875/scaled.php?tn=0&server=875&filename=1wtox.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Well played, Stoke.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5008/dembaban.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

They couldn't risk the 6-8mill on him at the time because their doctors found his knees were built of testicles.

But they happily spunk 10mill on a 30 year old Peter Crouch.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg875/scaled.php?tn=0&server=875&filename=1wtox.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Well played, Stoke.

With Steven Taylors arab twin as his agent he was always going to end up here