Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Dinho has always struck me as an angry and deeply confused chap, as it happens. Says it all.

I'm angry and confused because I researched into this? :lol: Err, yeah, OK. I disbelieve because, most likely unlike you, I have researched this subject and made a decision based on evidence, reason and logic. Not sure why you disbelieve about this.... maybe because you were born into non theist/secular household? In that case, I'm happy and relieved for you.... because, to me, it doesn't seem like you've got much sense and maturity to decide anyway.

As an ex-Muslim myself (and atheist now), at times, it breaks my heart looking at Demba right now. I mean... he's working hard in his live to worship Allah, fasting during bloody Ramadan, staying away from drink and womanising, etc, and then, at the end of it all..... he's going to be conned! No paradise, no orgies, no wine, no being with loved ones again.... it's all a big lie!  Just makes me feels so sorry for this big, innocent, loveable black man.  :no: :no: :no:

He dosen't deserves this.....  bless him. :undecided:

I think you will find most studies find people with religion have generally happier and more fulfilled lives than those that don't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_happiness

Oh, please!

Your comment about feeling sorry for Demba because he is religious was ridiculous

I am certain he does not need your sympathy

Not because he is religious. It's because he's working hard in life in terms of his religion, and let's face it... being a practising Muslim takes a bit of effort to say the least, and at the end of all that..... FUCK ALL! There is nothing after this life. That's what is saddening me.

Why the fuck is it saddening you?

Have you contemplated that maybe he doesn't believe that after this life there is as you put it "FUCK ALL!"?

As an ex-Muslim myself (and atheist now), at times, it breaks my heart looking at Demba right now. I mean... he's working hard in his live to worship Allah, fasting during bloody Ramadan, staying away from drink and womanising, etc, and then, at the end of it all..... he's going to be conned! No paradise, no orgies, no wine, no being with loved ones again.... it's all a big lie!  Just makes me feels so sorry for this big, innocent, loveable black man.  :no: :no: :no:

I think you will find most studies find people with religion have generally happier and more fulfilled lives than those that don't.

Oh, please!

Your comment about feeling sorry for Demba because he is religious was ridiculous

Not because he is religious. It's because he's working hard in life in terms of his religion, and let's face it... being a practising Muslim takes a bit of effort to say the least, and at the end of all that..... FUCK ALL! There is nothing after this life. That's what is saddening me.

Have you contemplated that maybe he doesn't believe that after this life there is as you put it "FUCK ALL!"?

It won't change anything though.

Oh, please!

It won't change anything though.

Eh?

Don't quite know what you are getting at there, I never said Demba practicing his religion would. You have made it clear that you obviously don't feel it will. However that doesn't seem to be how wor Demba feels. Its obviously an important part of his life from reading his interviews and how he conducts himself. If that makes a happy Ba who continues to bang in the goals for us, then all the better.

I'm glad he seems happy, doesn't mean that it's not quite sad that he's preforming all of those acts of worship for absolutely nothing in return. (In terms of the "next life".)

Anyway, I have no interest in taking this debate further due to the requests of the mods.

So, to re-direct the thread back to it's original subject....

....Demba Ba is God.

I'm glad he seems happy, doesn't mean that it's not quite sad that he's preforming all of those acts of worship for absolutely nothing in return. (In terms of the "next life".)

Anyway, I have no interest in taking this debate further due to the requests of the mods.

So, to re-direct the thread back to it's original subject....

....Demba Ba is God.

In your view, for your beliefs it may be sad but obviously not for him i.e his beliefs are not that all this is for nothing in return. Who is right? Well it doesn't matter, thats why its called a belief.

Ah fuck it I give up.

Demba scored 14 since Ramadan and he just can't get enough, he just can't get enough!