Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

He's just out of form and frustrated.  The moment that stood out for me today was when the ball was played through to him in the middle, he took a bad touch and it bounced up off his knee and out of play.  Before the new year he would have controlled that and rifled it into the bottom corner with his left foot.  He'll get it back and the smiles will return but for now i'd rather have a striker who is pissed off and frustrated that he's playing shit than one who plays shit and doesn't give a crap.

Spot on.

He's just down in the dumps at the moment. Things aren't coming off for him. It's a striker's cliché but he probably needs one to go in off his arse or something.

11 days off now? Should help.

As others have said though, it's only the last two games. He hasn't scored for a while but has still put in some very good performances. Needs to buck up his ideas with this subbing tantrums but other than that I am very happy with him.

He's just going through a rough patch. We've depended on him for most of the season (remember the work he put in right up to his last kick in the Man U game?) then he's had ACON. He needs a rest and hopefully this little spell will result in him coming back as good as ever.

He's just going through a rough patch. We've depended on him for most of the season (remember the work he put in right up to his last kick in the Man U game?) then he's had ACON. He needs a rest and hopefully this little spell will result in him coming back as good as ever.

looked low on confidence today. those touches that earlier on in the season were sublime became looser and he looked half a yard slower. forwardf going through a spell of poor confidence, no biggy while it isn't having a detrimental effect on the team. he has the talent to bring it round, the break should do him good.

Is there an islamic holiday at the moment? Could be the reason. Or he's converted to christianity for easter?

could be something in this what with cisse only getting one instead of the standrad brace.

Fair do's to Pardew for telling people straight up. Respect for admitting the motivational ploy that clearly didn't get the effect he wanted. Should he have admitted that bit, though? :dontknow: Either way, Ba had a hissyfit. Not the most savoury of moments, but I'm sure they'll get over it, so should we. :thup:

Read through this thread and the selfish stuff irritates me. Is the only basis that he was a striker who was scoring shitloads, who's finally had a couple of bad games after busting his ass for the team for a fair while without being that main focus? If it does come to fruition then so be it, but just seems a ridiculous jump just because someone's had a couple of bad games for the first time in a while.

He looked sluggish as hell today. Fatigue and confidence are both probably playing their part. If the lack of goals are starting to prey on his mind, then he's not going to keep himself properly focussed to be busting his ass like he has done admirably so far. Hope this break will be a good time for him to come back to somewhere close to the level he was pre-ACoN.

AP saying Shola would come on and win us the game made me laugh...and the bugger did. Oh Big Shols...

Said it before and I'll say it again - no problem with Demba, he'll make it right, hopefully sooner than later.

Fair do's to Pardew for telling people straight up. Respect for admitting the motivational ploy that clearly didn't get the effect he wanted. Should he have admitted that bit, though? :dontknow: Either way, Ba had a hissyfit. Not the most savoury of moments, but I'm sure they'll get over it, so should we. :thup:

Read through this thread and the selfish stuff irritates me. Is the only basis that he was a striker who was scoring shitloads, who's finally had a couple of bad games after busting his ass for the team for a fair while without being that main focus? If it does come to fruition then so be it, but just seems a ridiculous jump just because someone's had a couple of bad games for the first time in a while.

He looked sluggish as hell today. Fatigue and confidence are both probably playing their part. If the lack of goals are starting to prey on his mind, then he's not going to keep himself properly focussed to be busting his ass like he has done admirably so far. Hope this break will be a good time for him to come back to somewhere close to the level he was pre-ACoN.

The only person jumping on his back is Ba himself. The fans were singing his name today, the manager changed a succesful formation to give him more chances on goal (unbelievably imo) and he's still still sulking. Im suprised at him. 'Busting his ass for the team' - its not like hes been asked to play on the wing in a 442. Its a front 3 which rotates through-out the game. Cisse switches to the left loads of times during those game. Ba can play really well in a front three if he actually wants to, he should be relishing it. He's been asked to play in a position he can do really well in, as proven, there shouldnt be any gritted teeth. The manager went out of his way for him today and he disrespects him. Just grow up and play your game, because your a top quality player  :dontknow:

The only person jumping on his back is Ba himself. The fans were singing his name today, the manager changed a succesful formation to give him more chances on goal (unbelievably imo) and he's still still sulking. Im suprised at him. 'Busting his ass for the team' - its not like hes been asked to play on the wing in a 442. Its a front 3 which rotates through-out the game. Cisse switches to the left loads of times during those game. Ba can play really well in a front three if he actually wants to, he should be relishing it. He's been asked to play in a position he can do really well in, as proven, there shouldnt be any gritted teeth. The manager went out of his way for him today and he disrespects him. Just grow up and play your game, because your a top quality player  :dontknow:

The part that we changed formation to give Ba more chances is pure speculation and actually contradicts your own view that he gets his fair share of chances in a rotation 3 forward system. He is just low on confidence and not happy with himself, no big deal. I don't see any signs of him being not happy with the team or our formation, in fact his tweet on Messi (i.e. Ben Arfa) being at SJP shows that he is in fact in good spirits and generally happy. Just need a break and start scoring again and he will be fine. No need for anyone to get on his back.

Guest Tyson

Our interchangeable front three stops the opposition rearguard from getting comfortable, by creating varied match-ups over 90mins. From an attacking unit perspective, it's very difficult to defend against because as interchangeable players (in the deeper role) they offer varied threats. That's the beauty of the system.

In a front-2 however (playing deep)  he we was isolated often, usually against the one centrehalf for the majority of occasions. So the chances of him imposing his attributes on a game was greater, hence the goal scoring formline earlier in the season, From an individual perspective though, given that he used to impose his physicality (as a 'deep' one-on-one threat in a 442) on a game, in the current attacking set-up a drop in productivity was somewhat inevitable.