Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest firetotheworks

If Andy Carroll to Liverpool was being stabbed and that being a massive success for us were the stitches, then Ba leaving is those wounds in a hot BAth. fin

feel this has quite possibly sealed our relegation.  :undecided:

On the surface I am worried that we have lost a big-time goal scorer and lots of goals - but as long as Ba is replaced with Remy (or that other French guy whose name I can't pronounce) then I think this has the oppportunity to free up Cisse to be the player we have previously seen him to be.

So this may very well turn out to be a blessing in disguise.....clearly the intended plan to play Ba/Cisse as a dynamic-duo was an abject failure, so I see this as the opportunity to free up Cisse and set him loose on goal path.

Strangely, I couldn't care less.

Thanks for all the goals and help you've given us but I really hope you do s*** at Chelsea.

Couldn't care less but you really hope he does s***? :lol:

I meant that he left us.

I don't know what I'm saying I think I'm still half asleep

Demba Ba declared there was no comparison between Chelsea and Newcastle - or West Ham - after completing his move to the European champions.

The Blues announced the signing of Ba on a three-and-half-year contract this morning after activating the £7million release clause in his Magpies contract, the value of which had controversially become public ahead of the transfer window.

It is the second time Ba has exploited such a clause since moving to English football, having been allowed to leave West Ham following their 2011 Premier League relegation.

But he had no regrets today about his career path, revealing he had said to himself, "Yes I've done it", after being given permission to join Chelsea.

The Senegal star told the club's official website, www.chelseafc.com: "This club is at another level - it isn't West Ham or Newcastle.

"They are both big clubs with a strong history, but Chelsea is Chelsea and you cannot compare.

"It will be easier with world-class players around, who make the football look so easy."

He added: "Yesterday, I was looking back and smiling to myself, saying, 'Yes, I've done it'.

:hmm: