Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Just to round off my trilogy of bitter posts I hope he f***ing bombs there, mainly because I'd like players that leave us to keep on doing really badly as has been the case with most recent examples, to send a message that strikes the fear of God into our current and future players (apart from Williamson, Simpson and Shola).

it was never a cosy deal with him and his group mate.  let him get on with it

Aye, I am and I agree.  Hasn't sat easy with me for a while and relegation concerns aside I'm glad to be shot of him.

Guest hatem garrincha

Didn't show many respect towards his nufc teamates and friends with his comments about how it'll be more easy to play with "world class" players around him.

Didn't show many respect towards his nufc teamates and friends with his comments about how it'll be more easy to play with "world class" players around him.

That shows how s*** his comments was, i completely glossed over that concentrating his other s*** comments.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm glad I called this one

Regardless of his ability he was a greedy selfish cunt who was only ever out for himself...

Glad he's gone

To be honest I'm still a bit gutted. Yes the situation was obviously always a nightmare and the kind of person he is it was always going to be impossible to keep him in the form he's been in, but he's a f***ing brilliant forward. Reminded me of Ferdinand the way he would run at the box.

Just hope to f*** this means Cisse will now excel him. As long as we get a manager with an ounce of tactical nouse.

Guest malandro

Regardless of his ability he was a greedy selfish c*** who was only ever out for himself...

Glad he's gone

Nonsense.

Given his degenerative knee condition it's not unreasonable that Ba wants to maximise his income while he still can. Anyone who thinks he should have turned down an extra 30-40k a week offer to join the current Champions of Europe is living in fantasy land

- apart from Shola there isn't a player in our squad who would turn down a move like that to stay at SJP.

Ba did well while he was at SJP. The club agreed to his release cause and if the team suffered because he didn't want to play out wide that's Pardew's fault for being a weak manager.

Clearly influenced by those around him but I think his attitude is similar to the majority of players that come to the Premier League. What attracts these players to the premier league is the chance that if they play well enough, they'll get the chance to move to one of the big boys, hence all this bollocks about Demba being delighted to sign for Chelsea and his cuntish entourage being delighted in him for 'making it'.

It was clear that all we ever were for Demba was a stepping stone onto better things and it's like that for the other 16 clubs in the league. Can we be bitter? I'm not so sure, am I bitter? Of course, I hope his career nosedives and he regrets the day he ever left NUFC.

Regardless of his ability he was a greedy selfish c*** who was only ever out for himself...

Glad he's gone

Nonsense.

Given his degenerative knee condition it's not unreasonable that Ba wants to maximise his income while he still can. Anyone who thinks he should have turned down an extra 30-40k a week offer to join the current Champions of Europe is living in fantasy land

- apart from Shola there isn't a player in our squad who would turn down a move like that to stay at SJP.

Ba did well while he was at SJP. The club agreed to his release cause and if the team suffered because he didn't want to play out wide that's Pardew's fault for being a weak manager.

Agreed.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Glad he's gone

Nonsense.

Bang on.

Whoever allowed the clause in his contract needs a kick in the knackers though.

Glad he's gone

Nonsense.

Bang on.

Whoever allowed the clause in his contract needs a kick in the knackers though.

Don't think we would have got him if we didn't have the clause.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Don't think we would have got him if we didn't have the clause.

I hope it is a lesson for the future, that clause was used as a stick to beat us with every transfer window.

At the very worst we got a player who scored 29 in a season and a half and we probably didn't pay a single penny for in the end or even made a little.

Now I know it's a guess who wins again but the only ones who lose out when we do have to pay anything for players (fee or wages) is us because it gets taken out of whatever budget they decide we had.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2257280/Kazenga-LuaLua-pepares-face-club-Newcastle-United-FA-Cup.html

‘I actually prefer to live in Brighton than Newcastle. When I was living in Newcastle it was difficult.

'I used to go out a lot with my fiends after the game.

'When I made the decision to leave Newcastle it wasn’t just about football, it was different things as well.

‘I thought my choice was good and my family was happy with it as well.

'Obviously they knew I used to play games then go out with my friends then come back at stupid times.

'I don’t do that any more. I live on my own down here and I’m happy on my own.

'Everything seems to be going well for me. I’ve settled down.

‘If you ask any players, they’ll say that Newcastle is a party town and everyone knows everybody.

'That’s probably why Demba Ba left, because of parties.'

Aye, I bet it was. :lol: