Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

As long as we only sell our top players, to top clubs, I won't mind at all unless I thought they'd be here until they retire e.g. Taylor.

We have a lot of good international players, if they perform and we don't qualify for Europe/CL they'll eventually leave. No point being bitter and emitting negative energy because of it.

Biggest disappointment is that we didn't get the fee that a player of his quality should demand. Really he should cover Remy & Debuchy's fee. Unfortunately, you deserve what you negotiate.

Comes across as a bit of a cock in his first interview I thought.  Sounded almost bitter towards us.  No mention of fans, manager or thanks to West Ham or us.  Just basically, we're shit compared to Chelsea, they used to smash us and now he's looking forward to playing with top players and smashing other teams.

Oh well, good luck to him.  He was class for us.

Why shouldn't every outgoing transfer be met with some hostility?

They're choosing to leave us - f*** 'em. I'm not going to give him £20 for the petrol money and wish him a successful career - especially if he's going to playing in the same league :lol:

I agree!

If your girlfriend leaves you for one of your mates your not going to help her pack and drive her over there are ya!  :laugh:

Poor comparison. How many goals has his girlfriend scored for Newcastle?

Cisse smashed them on his own last season. Ba managed to rocket the crossbar off that low corner too.

Mixed feelings on him, absolutely loved him in his time here but the way he's been fucking about in terms of his central position and his contract has left a sour taste in my mouth. He then goes and leaves before the end of the season which is even more annoying to me. Wish him well in family and life but not on the pitch. He's an ex-player who went to another PL club. Had he gone abroad, I'd be less arsed about it all.

Most comfortable playing as a lone striker, Ba's predatory instincts in and around the penalty area make him a difficult player to handle and he also possesses the ability to score spectacular goals.

Seems they know what they're getting, and he must know the implications too.

Just as comfortable playing off another striker iyam, as he has shown during his time here when partnered with Best, Shola and Papiss.

Anyway, hope he doesn't get booed when returns, as that would make us look extremely bitter. His positive contributions far outweigh the negatives as far as I am concerned.

Yeah i always felt he was best playing off a main striker feeding off those around him.....

Sometimes as a lone striker i have seen him get isolated i think he enjoys playing off someone more tbh.

He can do both without any problems though and with the service the likes of Mata and Hazard will provide in theory he should score loads.

Guest Eggenberger

He came here on a free, scored a fuckload of goals and left when we only were willing to pay him half the going rate for a 20 goal a season striker.

Oh and we made money on him.

Agents aside, Dembas attitude while here has been beyond reproach really.  Ok so he didnt come out and proclaim he was a geordie but at least he was honest about it.

Good luck lad, you might have kept us up with your 13 goals this season  :aww:

He'll probably deserve to be their first choice and will still be benched for Torres, slightly odd they'd buy a player with the same issues that have dogged their strike force for ages in combining with a natural lone striker

Guest Eggenberger

As much to do with how much we are willing to pay as it has to do with the clause in itself.

The social mobility in todays fotball is high, you can become a top club in just a few years with the right owner.

And you can just as quickly go the other way with the wrong one...

I despair at the numpties on twitter saying we will never go anywhere letting players like Demba leave.....

What's so hard to understand that he had a clause in his contract and we didn't let him leave....

:anguish:

I hate people, like.

There's a pit in my stomach looking at Ba standing there in a Chelsea jumper, grinning, but I'm just glad it's finally over and we can move on. I hope he never ever scores a league goal for Chelsea, I realise the chances of that actually happening, but despite me holding nothing against Demba for wanting to move to club with far bigger aspirations on wages that reflect his ability, I hope he fails. Good luck, Demba.

I just want us to move on now. Bring in Remy and we have a replacement and possible have solved our problem on the wings as well by being able to change formation that we play. The only problem after that would be the CB position, and if Santon's form continues to decline his LB position would need to be sorted out as well.

Yeah i always felt he was best playing off a main striker feeding off those around him.....

Sometimes as a lone striker i have seen him get isolated i think he enjoys playing off someone more tbh.

He can do both without any problems though and with the service the likes of Mata and Hazard will provide in theory he should score loads.

Aye, he had good relationship with Best in particular.