Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Fucking sickening seeing all the smug cunts he knocks around with smiling all over twitter. Today is their lottery win.

I'm willing to bet he'll be away elsewhere by the end of next season having sat on the bench for much of next season when their new gaffer comes in and, inevitably, brings a huge signing in the form of a forward with him.

Anelka Mk2.

Fucking sickening seeing all the smug cunts he knocks around with smiling all over twitter. Today is their lottery win.

I'm willing to bet he'll be away elsewhere by the end of next season having sat on the bench for much of next season when their new gaffer comes in and, inevitably, brings a huge signing in the form of a forward with him.

Anelka Mk2.

Agreed. Hangers on fucking sicken me.

Guest Howaythetoon

The thing with Ba, when he set off on his football journey, because of his background, family and religion, money would have been at the forefront of his thoughts just as much as say prestige and trophies. Now he has two of those things. Lots of money and the prestige of playing for the European champions. Trophies are likely to follow too so you can sort of understand why he told him self "you've done it", because he has.

and you know this because..?

Without wanting to come over as a racist etc. its a common theme among African footballers or those whose families hail from that part of the world to prioritize money for want of a word over most things and rightly so. Demba Ba has a huge family by all accounts and lots of friends who he is very close to. When he went to Germany he basically gave lots of his family and some friends jobs to look after his affairs.

The religion bit, now this is an area I actually know a little about as believe it or not wor lass is a Muslim and while they are not taught to revere money or the material world, quite the opposite in fact, they are taught the value of it  to never put one's own interests ahead of family, friends, God and what matters most. Again, if you have an ability that allows you to be really well paid, you take the money even if it means you might not get as many games or win as many trophies because personal glory isn't the done thing, looking after friends, family and charity is. Hence why there are so many 'hangers on' with Ba.

In reality, they are people who he looks out for and tries to help and that's admirable in my opinion. It clashes with our own views and how we as fans feel things should be of course but at the end of the day, we are both the same. I want what's best for my club and Ba wants what is best for him and his friends and family.

At least he worked for his bit and earned it so again, I don't begrudge him one bit. Its the likes of Michael Owen who I begrudge. Fraudsters. There is nothing fraudulent about Ba or those like him. I actually find it quite refreshing to be honest.

Guest Howaythetoon

f***ing sickening seeing all the smug c***s he knocks around with smiling all over twitter. Today is their lottery win.

Anelka Mk2.

Anelka gets a lot of stick but he did an interview a few years back and was very candid about his career and money. He basically said it would be bad of him to turn down so much money for the sake of games, trophies etc. when he has so many friends and family that relies on his income, or those who could benefit from his income. Again, he delivered on the pitch so how can he be called a mercenary.

Michael Owen and those like him are the real culprits. People who don't give one toss about anyone or anything other than themselves.

The way you have to look at the likes of Ba is they are a business and his so-called hangers on are shareholders so naturally when their business floats on the SE (a move to Chelsea), they are going to celebrate.

Its not particularly endearing to people like me and you who fund all this and earn far less, but again, give me that over cunts like Owen and even people like Alan Smith.

f***ing sickening seeing all the smug c***s he knocks around with smiling all over twitter. Today is their lottery win.

Anelka Mk2.

Anelka gets a lot of stick but he did an interview a few years back and was very candid about his career and money. He basically said it would be bad of him to turn down so much money for the sake of games, trophies etc. when he has so many friends and family that relies on his income, or those who could benefit from his income. Again, he delivered on the pitch so how can he be called a mercenary.

Michael Owen and those like him are the real culprits. People who don't give one toss about anyone or anything other than themselves.

The way you have to look at the likes of Ba is they are a business and his so-called hangers on are shareholders so naturally when their business floats on the SE (a move to Chelsea), they are going to celebrate.

Its not particularly endearing to people like me and you who fund all this and earn far less, but again, give me that over cunts like Owen and even people like Alan Smith.

This the same Michael Owen who bought all of his family houses in the same street?

The same Michael Owen who this week was at a Cancer Hospice?

One player should have one agent allowed to represent them.

Ba and his 3 million hangers are a poison to the game as he's clearly only motivated by money. I'd wager he'll end up with a further 5 or so clubs before the end of his career, all of which he'll join for the signing on fee to fund his mates.

Surely everyone one of us is responsible for his/her own lives and his pals shouldn't have to rely on the only fucker amongst them with a talent to fund there lives?

Guest Brendan_Rice

Good luck to him. Done a cracking job for us, whether he left for ambition or money doesn't matter, he didn't want to stay.

Onward and upward.

Guest Howaythetoon

Anelka Mk2.

Its not particularly endearing to people like me and you who fund all this and earn far less, but again, give me that over c***s like Owen and even people like Alan Smith.

This the same Michael Owen who bought all of his family houses in the same street?

Ba and his 3 million hangers are a poison to the game as he's clearly only motivated by money. I'd wager he'll end up with a further 5 or so clubs before the end of his career, all of which he'll join for the signing on fee to fund his mates.

Surely everyone one of us is responsible for his/her own lives and his pals shouldn't have to rely on the only f***er amongst them with a talent to fund there lives?

Howay man, there is no way Ba is on the same mercenary/money grabbing level as Owen regardless of the latters' charitable moments.

I don't like hangers on either by the way, but with Ba and some like him, I can see some kind of reason for them or why they exist.

In an ideal world players would sign for a club, stay there until they retired, delivering nothing but sterling performances and ultimate professionalism.

On the other hand, clubs and fans are not innocent parties either. We were happy to sign Ba on a free and have that clause in there. We were happy to offer him an average wage packet as per the going rate and as fans, despite what he has done for us, we are quick to say "I hope that knee explodes" or "good riddance" not so long after singing his name and proclaiming him the next coming of God/Alah or whatever. In many ways we are all spoilt, ungrateful, selfish and extremely disloyal fuckers. Only fans cannot escape the loyalty to their club like players can... even if at times we would all wish too. And do you know what, that's where the bitterness all fans harbour comes from because ultimately as much as we love or club and our footy and our footballers, we also fucking despise them whenever they lose, do something wrong, leave or say something daft. But we cannot escape, we have to go back and put up with things and live the whole recyled life and times of being a footy fan. Mind, that's also the beauty of it too.

Fuck, I hate footy.

But I also bastard love it.

Cunts.

:lol:

Anelka Mk2.

Its not particularly endearing to people like me and you who fund all this and earn far less, but again, give me that over c***s like Owen and even people like Alan Smith.

Surely everyone one of us is responsible for his/her own lives and his pals shouldn't have to rely on the only f***er amongst them with a talent to fund there lives?

Howay man, there is no way Ba is on the same mercenary/money grabbing level as Owen regardless of the latters' charitable moments.

I don't like hangers on either by the way, but with Ba and some like him, I can see some kind of reason for them or why they exist.

In an ideal world players would sign for a club, stay there until they retired, delivering nothing but sterling performances and ultimate professionalism.

On the other hand, clubs and fans are not innocent parties either. We were happy to sign Ba on a free and have that clause in there. We were happy to offer him an average wage packet as per the going rate and as fans, despite what he has done for us, we are quick to say "I hope that knee explodes" or "good riddance" not so long after singing his name and proclaiming him the next coming of God/Alah or whatever. In many ways we are all spoilt, ungrateful, selfish and extremely disloyal fuckers. Only fans cannot escape the loyalty to their club like players can... even if at times we would all wish too. And do you know what, that's where the bitterness all fans harbour comes from because ultimately as much as we love or club and our footy and our footballers, we also fucking despise them whenever they lose, do something wrong, leave or say something daft. But we cannot escape, we have to go back and put up with things and live the whole recyled life and times of being a footy fan. Mind, that's also the beauty of it too.

Fuck, I hate footy.

But I also bastard love it.

Cunts.

:lol:

:lol:.

I'm not arsed about him leaving particularly and the circus that follows him is the main reason why.

I don't see him as some sort of hero just because he's looking after his pals. I dare say he does no more than the Nolans/Owens/Colo's of the world in respect of his mates. The fact he's Muslim is neither here nor there. He's got a boat load of hangers on funded by his career.

If you ask me, more fool him for putting himself under that pressure of pleasing them and paying for them.

They're rinsing the guy and taking full advantage of the fact he's daft enough to play along with them. At least Jimmy 5 Bellies had the entertainment factor and would eat cat shit pies for Gazza.

Thanks for the good times Demba.

The manner in which he's leaving is a bit shitty like (that is, doing interview after interview about him possibly leaving) - it's going to sour the relationship between the fans and himself imo.

Just basically like to repeat the above. Ba was a brilliant servant for us and was one of the reasons why we had such a successful season last year. Free transfer and we got 29 goals out of him in a season and a half. That's some return. At his best (especially the first half of last season), he was basically the best striker we had since Shearer - that's not an exaggeration btw.

The way in which he's left though does leave a somewhat bitter taste in the mouth - why the fuck did he do all those interviews? His comments on the Chelsea website are somewhat disrespectful to us too. He and his agents have not conducted themselves in the correct manner at all, guess that's football for you.

Again, thanks for the good times Demba and I'll leave it at that.

Well at least he has come out with something, read the first tweet and was considering whether it was worth reading the next 'owww Chelsea are the bestest ever!!!' one.

Makes the latter part of my post look a bit silly. Still though, a bit too much Chelsea love on Twitter.

Reading some of the actual timelines of the people he's retweeted is interesting. As mentioned above like they've all won the lottery. One guy of his entourage saying the English "ch'tis" are upset (derogatory term for the people from the most northern part of France).

Meh, oh well. Best to be shot of all that mess.

Reading some of the actual timelines of the people he's retweeted is interesting. As mentioned above like they've all won the lottery. One guy of his entourage saying the English "ch'tis" are upset (derogatory term for the people from the most northern part of France).

Meh, oh well. Best to be shot of all that mess.

:hmm:

Bievenue chez les Ch'tis was a good film though O0

On a similar note I can remember feeling similarly aggrieved when Ginola left us for Spurs and his whole "Well London's obviously a much better place than Newcastle" shite at the press conference.  Although I am aware of the irony now I'm not 14 anymore and actually live in London instead of Newcastle. :lol:

I fucking hate Chelsea like, hope the club dies a death one day.

Just to round off my trilogy of bitter posts I hope he fucking bombs there, mainly because I'd like players that leave us to keep on doing really badly as has been the case with most recent examples, to send a message that strikes the fear of God into our current and future players (apart from Williamson, Simpson and Shola).

Just to round off my trilogy of bitter posts I hope he f***ing bombs there, mainly because I'd like players that leave us to keep on doing really badly as has been the case with most recent examples, to send a message that strikes the fear of God into our current and future players (apart from Williamson, Simpson and Shola).

it was never a cosy deal with him and his group mate.  let him get on with it