Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Makes me like Chelsea a little better tbh

Makes me hate them and Roman Abramovich even more. Demba Ba was a quality long-term(ish) sort of player for us but, due to their huge financial power, they were able to acquire him for peanuts (to them anyway) even though everyone, including Chelsea themselves I'm sure, could see that he was nothing more than a stop-gap signing.

Basically, they fucked one club off  one of their best players for their own short-term success, mainly thanks to their money power.

Fuck off Chelsea and Abramovich, you fucking cunts.

Agree. They've got form for this too.

Makes me like Chelsea a little better tbh

Makes me hate them and Roman Abramovich even more. Demba Ba was a quality long-term(ish) sort of player for us but, due to their huge financial power, they were able to acquire him for peanuts (to them anyway) even though everyone, including Chelsea themselves I'm sure, could see that he was nothing more than a stop-gap signing.

Basically, they fucked one club off  one of their best players for their own short-term success, mainly thanks to their money power.

Fuck off Chelsea and Abramovich, you fucking cunts.

Agree. They've got form for this too.

Welcome to football in 2013.

• 1 month later...

Errr....

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/blog/35388-blog-ba-nailed-on-for-return-to-newcastle.php#.UnzE9HDIZSE

Speculation, one would assume, considering the source.

However, considering the source, worthy of mention.

Feck it, if the terms are favourable for the club, I wouldn't be dead against it. Would rather we looked elsewhere, or we got Cisse firing on at least one cylinder.

Hope this isn't  :giggs:

I'd take him but, obviously, but I'd rather we went for a striker that wasn't so selfish.

He, like Cisse, does have his patches where he looks fucking shite as well, but the difference between the two of them is that we've seen Ba come out the other side.

I'd take him but, obviously, but I'd rather we went for a striker that wasn't so selfish.

He, like Cisse, does have his patches where he looks fucking shite as well, but the difference between the two of them is that we've seen Ba come out the other side.

Really? I can only recall Ramadan - when he first arrived - where he looked a bit naff for a couple of games. He was consistently excellent from then on, including at left-wing.

Wasn't he a big leader In the dressing room as well? Despite the goal selfishness he had presence about him and seemed to care enough.

For all the debates around his position, he was very professional on the pitch. Was scoring right up until he left. Think Arsenal was his last game, and he scored twice in that one. The polar opposite to many departing players we've had in the recent past. Can't think of many who scored in their last game for the club, Duff at West Brom is the only one that springs to mind.

I can't see many fans being to upset if he did return, think would see Cisse leaving though. Ba always seemed a team/squad person, well liked and very professional but it doesn't matter what the fans want the club won't pay what Chelsae will want.

I don't really blame Ba for much, it was Pardew's fault for playing Cisse out of position to accommodate him. I think he's a complete mercenary obviously, but that applies to a lot of players.

The team did actually step it up a notch when that happened though and it's not like Ba hadn't played there before either.

Don't know what he's earning per week at Chelsea but would we match it? Think we may have the same issue with Remy if we look to sign him permanantly, I would think QPR are still picking up a chunk of his wages whilst he's here on loan.

Really? I can only recall Ramadan - when he first arrived - where he looked a bit naff for a couple of games. He was consistently excellent from then on, including at left-wing.

I personally thought he was poor for the majority of Cisse's first 6 months with us, particularly whilst on the left wing. His touch was laboured and he shot from silly positions when we had Ben Arfa and Cisse either side of him in good positions. I also felt like he slowed our attacks down to the point where I was disappointed when it was him that picked the ball up when we were on the counter (around the 6 wins in a row time).

Wasn't really until the beginning of last season when Ba returned to where he was pre-Cisse signing IMO.

I don't really blame Ba for much, it was Pardew's fault for playing Cisse out of position to accommodate him. I think he's a complete mercenary obviously, but that applies to a lot of players.

The team did actually step it up a notch when that happened though and it's not like Ba hadn't played there before either.

I meant when we forced Cisse out wide so Ba could be central.

With regards to "staying professional up until the moment he left", I think you can put a couple of spins on that - I would say he was playing for himself and a move, so he had an incentive to score goals.

In his last few games for us it felt to me like he'd have taken a defeat so long as he scored.