Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Heard a few comments like that. Counter productive in the extreme "you haven't instantly adapted, I will boo you until you do you c***" morons.

Looking at the stats on your sig if we'd landed him yesterday for £15M there would have been great delight.

He's a good player and he'll come good for us, already looked more settled and positive in the last game when he came on.

Guest The Enforcer

Won't he be jetting off for the African Cup of Nations? Meaning we're stuck with the shit for most of January unless we stop leaving things until deadline day. Even if we do strike early, we're expecting the new person to hit the ground running upon arrival.

Just as good on paper as Maiga, Roux or anyone else bar Gamiero we were linked with. If we are only playing with 1 striker, why isn't Ba good enough to be Carroll's replacement?

If HBA isn't playing then who plays off Ba? Lovenkrands?

Obertan,  Vuckic

Obertan isn't likely to get goals IMO. Our best bet is that Vukic or Sammy are given the responsibility and step up to the challenge.

Guest Rainforest

Obertan just looks unfinished, I cant see any end-product in him at all. When he is advancing down the flank and its time to display some end-product, he looks like a dog who picked up a bone you just tossed, thinking "what now?"

A poor mans Gutierrez if you will ( I cant believe I just said that)

Obertan just looks unfinished, I cant see any end-product in him at all. When he is advancing down the flank and its time to display some end-product, he looks like a dog who picked up a bone you just tossed, thinking "what now?"

Seems about right of what I've seen of him so far.

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

He was never much good when i saw him at Manu. I would give him a season of regular starts though to see how he develops. I think he a great athleticism and good technique, he just needs to relax, read the game better and enjoy himself.

He hasn't shown anything here or at Manu to know you can rely on but he's shown he had the potential to be in the starting 11 for a underpowered squadkie ours at least.

Tbf he was never gonna get much chance at Man U, would have been an impact sub for me if Joey had stayed but he will get his chance now. Had a lot of raw attributes, just needs to build some confidence and improve his end product.

Looks like he has already upped his workrate since he first signed.

I'm on holiday so I've only just heard about his fasting. Think it's a f***ing disgrace, personally. A professional athlete has no business starving his body for religious reasons. Shouldn't get paid a penny while he's conforming to this crap. We desperately need him to step up, not p*ss about.

:lol:

Okay mate. How about we don't pay all footballers on Christmas too then, and Easter for that matter? How about no-one gets paid when they're not working...

He has every right to take part in his religious festival, despite the fact me thinking religion is bollocks.

Nah, agree with it or not England is a Christian country, so we abide by Christian holidays (which for most people they are just traditional holidays, nothing religious). It's not like Demba Ba has to come into training on Christmas day does he? No, he gets the Christian holidays off aswel.

If a religious festival is actualy having an effect on the guys job though then his employers should have every right to tell him to pack it in. If it's worth upsetting the player over in this case is another matter, like.

I'm on holiday so I've only just heard about his fasting. Think it's a f***ing disgrace, personally. A professional athlete has no business starving his body for religious reasons. Shouldn't get paid a penny while he's conforming to this crap. We desperately need him to step up, not p*ss about.

Okay mate. How about we don't pay all footballers on Christmas too then, and Easter for that matter? How about no-one gets paid when they're not working...

He has every right to take part in his religious festival, despite the fact me thinking religion is bollocks.

Nah, agree with it or not England is a Christian country, so we abide by Christian holidays (which for most people they are just traditional holidays, nothing religious). It's not like Demba Ba has to come into training on Christmas day does he? No, he gets the Christian holidays off aswel.

If a religious festival is actualy having an effect on the guys job though then his employers should have every right to tell him to pack it in. If it's worth upsetting the player over in this case is another matter, like.

The players train on christmas day though and then head off to a hotel to rest up for the boxing day game.

They also often play on Good Friday and Easter Sunday.

Ronaldo is absolutely spot on here in my john humble.

He's still better than Routledge though :)

Guest CheickMansour

If it's that much of a bother, the employers shouldn't hire him in the first place. They have that option available to them. I don't see what right an employer has to tell people what to do regarding their religion.

Guest Rainforest

He's still better than Routledge though :)

Is that an observation based on all the goals/assists he has hammered in so far?

Obertan set up the whole move for our second goal against Fulham with a fantastic run and pass to Ba, in a pretty key area. He nearly set up the winner against Arsenal with a clever back heel to Cabaye and put in a delicious ball for Ameobi in the derby. He quite clearly has a cutting edge and some inventiveness, it's just inconsistent but to say he has no end product at all? Garbage.

Obertan set up the whole move for our second goal against Fulham with a fantastic run and pass to Ba, in a pretty key area. He nearly set up the winner against Arsenal with a clever back heel to Cabaye and put in a delicious ball for Ameobi in the derby. He quite clearly has a cutting edge and some inventiveness, it's just inconsistent but to say he has no end product at all? Garbage.

:thup:

Obertan would be better off the main striker than on the right.

Jonas switched to the right to provide more cover for simpson.

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Colo  Santon

Tiote

Jonas                        Marveaux

Cabaye

Obertan

Ba\Best

Guest Rainforest

Ok adding " at all" might be a bit harsh, Ill moderate myself to saying he doesnt have any end-product YET  :troll:

The flick to cabaye was class, admittedly. Hopefully he can follow it up with some more of dat.

Setting up the odd ball or two doesnt automatically give you end product, I`ll reserve that term for someone who creates something every time he has the ball.

Jonas have on many occations done the same thing, would you also rate him as a player with end-product? If he did,  he would be in Real Madrid, not here. Nani has end product, Jonas doesnt. Obertan clearly doesnt either ( although that can very well change , so heres hoping)

What I have seen of Obertan tells me we are dealing with a fast and athletic player who can run past people but struggles a bit with getting it "in the box" or that brilliant final pass.

If he can get that final piece in the puzzle sorted he is going to be amazing, but hes still a bit off, in my honest opinion only of course.