Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

NRC has been very good in the past when deployed as a purely defensive player, under Pardew at West Ham for instance. for some reason it never worked out at Villa and he actually regressed. perhaps he fell foul of O'Neill's eccentricity like a few others. for his age and probably high wages it's not worth it. however with only Tiote as a defensive midfielder we could do with backup.

NRC has been very good in the past when deployed as a purely defensive player, under Pardew at West Ham for instance. for some reason it never worked out at Villa and he actually regressed. perhaps he fell foul of O'Neill's eccentricity like a few others. for his age and probably high wages it's not worth it. however with only Tiote as a defensive midfielder we could do with backup.

I think it's similar to how Souness made Scott Parker look worse than he was by putting together mis-matched midfield pairings. Parker/Emre for example or the infamous Butt/Amdy Faye abomination. Sidwell and Coker would look shite but if you had NRC with Cabaye and HBA in front of him it wouldn't look so bad.

So this guy says Ba literally cannot pass a medical. That's pretty bad like. :lol:

I'm worried.  But, he did make it through the majority of games during his stint at West Ham.

Would really like to know the extent of the issue(s).

Agreed NRC was great for Pardew at West Ham, and was a stand out for the under 21s too. He was linked with a lot of deecent clubs after that stint.

Give him too much responsibility in midfield though and you won't see him at his best. He is not very good at using the ball. Alongside a Tiote and/or Cabaye who both use the ball better NRC would be a really good player to have. I like him. Very strong and committed player. Playing for Pardew who had a lot of confidence in him at West Ham would give him confidence too. 

NRC would be a good free transfer. He certainly isn't rubbish. Comparing him to Smith and Guthrie is just disgusting.

I think it's similar to how Souness made Scott Parker look worse than he was by putting together mis-matched midfield pairings. Parker/Emre for example or the infamous Butt/Amdy Faye abomination. Sidwell and Coker would look s**** but if you had NRC with Cabaye and HBA in front of him it wouldn't look so bad.

Precisely. I would want no part of an NRC and Nolan pairing for example, as the passing through midfield wouldn't be good enough. NRC and Tiote though would be a completely different story, as it would even allow Tiote a bit more freedom to drive forward once in a while, which is something he hasn't really been able to show too much off alongside Nolan.

Seems as though we've reacted quickly to finding out the answer from Gameiro. Good too see another piece of good buisness from all involved having a plan B and seeing it through (hopefully). Obviously it represents a gamble but less of a gamble since it is free. Cant see him being on ridiculous wages either, considering the regime in charge. Fair play to all involved.

Seems as though we've reacted quickly to finding out the answer from Gameiro. Good too see another piece of good buisness from all involved having a plan B and seeing it through (hopefully). Obviously it represents a gamble but less of a gamble since it is free. Cant see him being on ridiculous wages either, considering the regime in charge. Fair play to all involved.

Gun jumping a little.

Guest bimpy474

Gun jumping a little.

Talksport (Sam Matterface) talking about Ba now, their definite he's coming to us.

Sportsmail understands West Ham only agreed to sign Ba after structuring a deal that will see the Hammers pay Hoffenheim based on the number of games he plays. The very mention of a problematic knee was the trigger for Ba, just for a moment, to depart from his cool exterior.

He insisted: 'I don't know why we are still talking about it. The knee is fine. I had surgery and the rehab didn't go as well as it should. So it's completely normal the knee isn't 100 per cent. But I can play football, I know how to manage it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1360401/West-Hams-Demba-Ba-doesnt-feel-pressure-stay-up.html#ixzz1OzWivyt0

Gun jumping a little.

Talksport (Sam Matterface) talking about Ba now, their definite he's coming to us.

You see, for me you could replace 'Talksport' with 'This local drunk down the road' and it would bring on a similar response  :laugh:

Gun jumping a little.

You see, for me you could replace 'Talksport' with 'This local drunk down the road' and it would bring on a similar response  :laugh:

Not theirs though, came from the Sunday Mirror bloke who openly admitted he spoke to Llambias yesterday.

Guest bimpy474

Gun jumping a little.

You see, for me you could replace 'Talksport' with 'This local drunk down the road' and it would bring on a similar response  :laugh:

;D

Very true but it seems more believable when you hear it rather than read it on there, also the chief reporter from the Mirror saying the same after speaking to Lambarse, its a little easier to believe, reckon your probably right though  ;)

Fair enough, I hope it goes through but I am very bitter and twisted about any transfer stuff until they are holding up a shirt in the ground.

:lol:

Blimey. People get so wound up over transfer talk. Beats having nothing to talk about during the summer months.

For once it actually looks like we have stuff in order from early doors too, so good a time as any to just enjoy discussing it all.

It does seem good so far, Cabaye signed, Taylor seemingly in the pipework and if we have wrapped up Ba then it's a fantastic start.

I am always (these days) down on transfers until they happen, I think Simao's medical which is still apparently going on that brought on my chronic cynicism :lol: