Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest neesy111

He seems to be snatching at every chance he has now.

He had the best shot to goals ratio before ACoN in the league and has finished with the worst.

You can´t say he´s a bad footballer since he has shown otherwise. BUT I´m concerned. Since Cisse has come he has been poor, really poor. He has lost his finish touch. He is taking selfish and bad decisions. He has a bad touch and makes bad passes.

I have a feeling he wants to be number one. Pardew has talked about "feeling" and not money. Ba is not a bad footballer. But I´m concern about his character.

As things stands now I would have him as a replacement to Cisse in a 4-3-3. He is not a starter in my team next year. But he seems to be like Guthire. All about him and not the team.

Been really disappointed with him the last two months.

That's crazy overreaction right there. He hasn't turned shit in the last few months. In more than a handful of those games, he was a whisker away from scoring. And what's all this tosh bout him being not a team player, how many times oes he have to say he has no issues with others scoring as long as we win and that he is apply despite his barren run?

Needs someone like Best to take care of being the target man so he can play off the shoulder. Him and Cisse are the same kind of striker.

Even though? Aren't people here complaining we need a better squad in general? More class players for Europe that we can rotate? And then propose to let Demba go?!? That just doesn't make sense. I definitely wouldn't be happy with only one competent striker up front. Cisse can't always save our necks and there will be a time when he is tired, too.

Even with Ba on the left we've been class, winning games. Just can't see any reason at all why people are calling for a sale?

I didn't say let him go anywhere in that post.

You can´t say he´s a bad footballer since he has shown otherwise. BUT I´m concerned. Since Cisse has come he has been poor, really poor. He has lost his finish touch. He is taking selfish and bad decisions. He has a bad touch and makes bad passes.

I have a feeling he wants to be number one. Pardew has talked about "feeling" and not money. Ba is not a bad footballer. But I´m concern about his character.

As things stands now I would have him as a replacement to Cisse in a 4-3-3. He is not a starter in my team next year. But he seems to be like Guthire. All about him and not the team.

Been really disappointed with him the last two months.

That's crazy overreaction right there. He hasn't turned s*** in the last few months. In more than a handful of those games, he was a whisker away from scoring. And what's all this tosh bout him being not a team player, how many times oes he have to say he has no issues with others scoring as long as we win and that he is apply despite his barren run?

Didn´t say he was shit. Said that he has been bad the last few months and that I would use him as a sub to Cissé next season.

Guest Sophie S

I didn't say you did.

Then why quote me to have that rant?

My rant wasn't aimed at you. It was just that you posted (picked up and highlighted by me) what seemes to be the opinion of many: Him and Cisse are to similar and Ba can't play in the new formation. Several people conclude from this that we should let Ba go. I just wanted to point out that this is rubbish and their similarity is no reason for calls to sell Ba.

Guest BooBoo

I was desperate for him to score today as he strikes me as a character who'll dwell on his bad run all summer now.

I was desperate for him to score today as he strikes me as a character who'll dwell on his bad run all summer now.

:sadnod:

he'll not dwell on his bad run but his position, he knows right now we are better off 4-3-3 and he isn't the central player and isn't playing too well out wide.

Guest BooBoo

I think today, he barely looked competent. Such a pity considering how confident he was Pre christmas.

His dip in form might turn out to be a blessing in disguise tbh, considering the clause is there I think he'd have been snapped up in no time if there wasn't a big deal been made about his goal drought. But with that, plus the Olympics & ACON and the fact his knee's probably going to explode any second now I can't see him getting any better offers than us.

There were one or two occasions on Sunday where he tried to take a shot on when he should have released the ball to a team mate. It felt like ending the goal drought had become too important.

Do a search for Ba and you get websites with dodgy records. Everyone knows he has a release clause, so there will be no end of shit stirring all summer until he either commits to a new contract or leaves. Either way, the dodgy knee is still there, so that might temper some bids.