Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I'm going to have a hand print worn into my face by 5pm and I am worried it will never go away :lol:

Has been poor since acon if we're honest though. Still want to keep him though obviously.

I disagree, he has had poor games but hasn't been poor in general.

Unless forward not scoring = poor. I agree he has been poor in that respect.

I'm going to have a hand print worn into my face by 5pm and I am worried it will never go away :lol:

Has been poor since acon if we're honest though. Still want to keep him though obviously.

True enough. As Ronaldo keeps banging on about, he looks fatigued. Compare his pace and speed of thought to clips from earlier in the season and it's like night and day. He's playing like it's Ramadan again.

He was knackered in October; we're in May, man.

Aye. Dont know if he had a great fall. But he has looked absolutely knackered for a while now. Doesnt seem able to run and looks weak as fuck.  Maybe not having to carry the whole team next season might help him go through a 38game season or even more with the Champions League :lol:

With our current personnel 433 is best, ba doesn't fit into it unless through the middle up front.

Yep. Playing 442 to suit a completely fuked and off form Ba is pathetic and costing us.

Guest BooBoo

For the first half of the season he was imperious, second half he barely justified his place in the side at times. Just looked so tired and drained of belief as the season went on.

I have had enough. Let him go this summer. I cannot accept him doing nothing except trying ridiculous long shot on the pitch.

His time has peaked here. Poor footballer. Needs to go!

:lol:

Stick to Aussie Rules, mate.

I am starting to wonder where he fits in this team now. Him and Cisse up front together doesn't really work and it seems he doesn't really like playing on the left of a front 3 and he doesn't score goals there.

I have had enough. Let him go this summer. I cannot accept him doing nothing except trying ridiculous long shot on the pitch.

His time has peaked here. Poor footballer. Needs to go!

:lol:

Stick to Aussie Rules, mate.

Fucking hate Aussie rules to be fair. Hope Ba doesnt play at the Olympics. He desperately needs a rest & I hope he can regain some freshness, so his form returns for next season. If hes still at the toon.

The guy has just lost a bit of confidence, he's not become sh*te. Football is such a confidence game - he's not taking the chances he did earlier on in the season because he's thinking about it too much and trying too hard. To suggest he's lost it and we should get rid is frankly mental.

He's looked shite for a while now. His decision making is shocking at the moment, and his passing is slow and laboured. Hope he can sort it out for next season.

If I had to choose one player from our big names to let go this summer, it would probably be him.

You can´t say he´s a bad footballer since he has shown otherwise. BUT I´m concerned. Since Cisse has come he has been poor, really poor. He has lost his finish touch. He is taking selfish and bad decisions. He has a bad touch and makes bad passes.

I have a feeling he wants to be number one. Pardew has talked about "feeling" and not money. Ba is not a bad footballer. But I´m concern about his character.

As things stands now I would have him as a replacement to Cisse in a 4-3-3. He is not a starter in my team next year. But he seems to be like Guthire. All about him and not the team.

Been really disappointed with him the last two months.

Guest Sophie S

Needs someone like Best to take care of being the target man so he can play off the shoulder. Him and Cisse are the same kind of striker.

Even though? Aren't people here complaining we need a better squad in general? More class players for Europe that we can rotate? And then propose to let Demba go?!? That just doesn't make sense. I definitely wouldn't be happy with only one competent striker up front. Cisse can't always save our necks and there will be a time when he is tired, too.

Even with Ba on the left we've been class, winning games. Just can't see any reason at all why people are calling for a sale?