Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest neesy111

His fitness at the moment is, as Bernard Manning would say: "a fucking disgrace!"

It's never been brilliant if we are totally honest, he's good for the first 65 mins of the game but then drops off.

His fitness at the moment is, as Bernard Manning would say: "a f***ing disgrace!"

It's never been brilliant if we are totally honest, he's good for the first 65 mins of the game but then drops off.

Aye. Not sure about this but I don't think he's scored for us past the 65th or 70th minute.

Guest neesy111

His fitness at the moment is, as Bernard Manning would say: "a f***ing disgrace!"

Aye. Not sure about this but I don't think he's scored for us past the 65th or 70th minute.

He has twice, West Brom at home last season and from the spot v Stoke is what I remember.

He has twice, West Brom at home last season and from the spot v Stoke is what I remember.

Ah right. :thup: Still not a good rate for those minutes like. I'd introduce the impact sub in this period but I don't think he'd take that. :(

Ah right. :thup: Still not a good rate for those minutes like. I'd introduce the impact sub in this period but I don't think he'd take that. :(

He should be doing exactly as he's told. If Ba is a problem, demanding where he plays and when then he should be moved on.

He should be doing exactly as he's told. If Ba is a problem, demanding where he plays and when then he should be moved on.

Urgh.

Completely cringe-worthy how people on here take random snippets of baseless speculation like this and treat it as gospel/remotely credible.

Demanding that he isn't substituted for fuck's sake. :anguish: 

Urgh.

Completely cringe-worthy how people on here take random snippets of baseless speculation like this and treat it as gospel/remotely credible.

Demanding that he isn't substituted for f***'s sake. :anguish: 

Not entirely baseless. Last season I think it was Bolton home when we had a frustrating game and we took Ba off for Shola. Ba angrily refused to shake Pards' hand iirc, and while I think that's just one of those "heat of the battle" things it still wouldn't surprise me sadly if he shows the same attitude towards being subbed.

He was pretty useless at the start of last season. Let's see what he's like after 6 games.

He hasn't been useless this season, he has scored 1 in 3 which contributed a big part to us getting 3 points.

Don't notice the Cisse thread being bumped ???

Outside of Ben Arfa, Ba has been one of our better players.

Cisse, Cabaye and Jonas have offered f*ck all going forward so far, at least Ba has looked like doing something.

All this is clearly due to the fact Ba is comfortable in the 4-4-2 and the rest are not but still.

I want Ba moved to the left of the front 3 as much as the next guy, as i truly believe his lack of goals last year was not due to playing on the left but confidence and fitness. but he's hardly been the worst performer.

I really do hope we are not playing 4-4-2 just to keep Ba happy though, as no one is bigger than the team.

Outside of Ben Arfa, Ba has been one of our better players.

Cisse, Cabaye and Jonas have offered f*ck all going forward so far, at least Ba has looked like doing something.

All this is clearly due to the fact Ba is comfortable in the 4-4-2 and the rest are not but still.

I want Ba moved to the left of the front 3 as much as the next guy, as i truly believe his lack of goals last year was not due to playing on the left but confidence and fitness. but he's hardly been the worst performer.

I really do hope we are not playing 4-4-2 just to keep Ba happy though, as no one is bigger than the team.

:thup: