Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest firetotheworks

I haven't thought about this, but I just wanted to throw this question out there.

Do you think Demba Ba is playing well in a system that is more suited to him, but not the team?

Or do you think he's just playing well and will continue to do so when/if we start playing to our strengths as a team?

Not even sure he does 'benefit'. He's just such a great all round striker you can't stop him scoring.

I don't think his movement is good enough for him to be this successful in a front 3.

As the front man in it, it surely is.

Not even sure he does 'benefit'. He's just such a great all round striker you can't stop him scoring.

He didn't score for about 4 months last season tbf like.

His first goal today was absolutely fucking outstanding, you'll do well to find a better goal anywhere in Europe this week.

I haven't thought about this, but I just wanted to throw this question out there.

Do you think Demba Ba is playing well in a system that is more suited to him, but not the team?

Or do you think he's just playing well and will continue to do so when/if we start playing to our strengths as a team?

Think its hard to say due to Cabayes recent form/tiote being out. If we can get him on song & feeding both strikers, good passing football you'd imagine it would work.

Being central definately suits Ba more though. No reason to change 4-3-3 which Cisse/Barfa were successful in apart from to accommodate him.

This, our system is not a good system for strikers as we have no movement for them. Essentially, the way we play does not play to the strengths of two of our greatest strengths, Cisse and Ba

If Pards is going to play Ba & Cisse then he MUST play Benny central behind them as a link from midfield with fullbacks on the correct side so they can provide crosses on the ovelap.

Could possibly work but it'd have to be Ferguson LB and Santon RB most likely, even then i fear it'd be a bit too narrow.

Though it'd be better than the fucking shite we saw today. :lol:

On NUFCTV

"you know Cheick in an agressive man, when you se him whan you walk next to him on the pitch you just know it, having him in the middle is very good for us"

And durring the aquad photo Demba messed Tiote's hair up :lol:

Ba's class. Stick him centrally up front and he will score goals, even in a team who doesn't make hat fulls of chances.

Him and Cisse can start playing well together, if we start creating more chances.

Demba Ba: Partnership with Cisse will gel with time

by Mark Douglas, The JournalMar 22 2012

“We didn’t play a lot in the national team together because it was either him or me so we need to learn from each other how we play and how we run and we’re just going to get better and better.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/03/22/demba-ba-partnership-with-cisse-will-gel-with-time-61634-30597344/#ixzz27xmVW2g9

They don't play together for the national team either - its normally one or the other by the looks of things.

I think for our season to really get going Pardew needs to find a way to get these 2 playing well together - looks a long way off atm.

Demba Ba: Partnership with Cisse will gel with time

by Mark Douglas, The JournalMar 22 2012

“We didn’t play a lot in the national team together because it was either him or me so we need to learn from each other how we play and how we run and we’re just going to get better and better.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/03/22/demba-ba-partnership-with-cisse-will-gel-with-time-61634-30597344/#ixzz27xmVW2g9

They don't play together for the national team either - its normally one or the other by the looks of things.

I think for our season to really get going Pardew needs to find a way to get these 2 playing well together - looks a long way off atm.

Hmmm.... Ba's grumbling about not playing in the centre won't have helped. I'm wondering whether some personal tension hasn't now entered into the situation. It'd be quite understandable. Cisse just hasn't looked like his previous carefree self.

I think things can improve, but not by much. It's fairly standard theory that playing two number 9's together brings problems.