Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

There's really no need for all this religious nonsense in football, I cringe when I see players cross themselves, point to the heavens, reveal Jesus is great under shirts or do this kissing the ground stuff.  keep that crap for your churches, mosques and places like that. Certainly won't don a T shirt with someone doing that, nice shirt though apart from that.

I don't want to take the thread off topic but this seems horribly narrow-minded to me. Why should you care about other people displaying their faith and what right do you have to tell them to keep it out of your sight?

How would you feel if someone told you that you're not allowed to display your allegiance to NUFC in any way outside of the stadium because they think it's stupid?

There's really no need for all this religious nonsense in football, I cringe when I see players cross themselves, point to the heavens, reveal Jesus is great under shirts or do this kissing the ground stuff.  keep that crap for your churches, mosques and places like that. Certainly won't don a T shirt with someone doing that, nice shirt though apart from that.

I don't want to take the thread off topic but this seems horribly narrow-minded to me. Why should you care about other people displaying their faith and what right do you have to tell them to keep it out of your sight?

How would you feel if someone told you that you're not allowed to display your allegiance to NUFC in any way outside of the stadium because they think it's stupid?

Newcastle United actually exists though  :mancini:

Aye, that was really a cringe worthy post.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9559181/Demba-Ba-likely-to-start-for-Newcastle-United-against-Norwich-City-with-his-future-still-in-balance.html

Demba Ba likely to start for Newcastle United against Norwich City with his future still in balance

Demba Ba is set to start against Norwich City on Sunday despite doubts over his long-term commitment to the club following their refusal to renegotiate his contract.

By Luke Edwards

9:00PM BST 21 Sep 2012

Having touted him across the continent over the summer in an attempt to get someone to activate a £7 million release clause, Ba’s advisers have since asked managing director Derek Llambias to extend and improve his £50,000-a-week contract.

Llambias has spoken to them, but with more than 18-months left to run on his current deal, and with Ba looking for at least parity with top earner and captain Fabricio Coloccini, who earns in excess of £60,000-a-week, the talks were brief.

That has caused tension behind the scenes and manager Alan Pardew has had to handle the situation carefully, particularly when Ba criticised the decision to name him as a substitute against Everton on Monday night.

That post-match rant after scoring two goals to earn Newcastle United a point was followed by a bizarre outburst from the player’s agent Alex Gontran who accused Pardew of failing to show his client enough respect, before threatening he would quit the club if he remained on the bench.

Pardew was furious with the agent’s attempt to stir up trouble, but has spoken to Ba and is happy with the player’s state of mind ahead of the Norwich City game.

Ba, who did not travel to Madeira for Newcastle's Europa League draw with Maritimo on Thursday, has scored three goals in his last five appearances and Pardew has assured him he remains a key figure in the squad.

Luke Edwards, that cock never misses an opportunity to stir NUFC shit.

Aye, he's been banging this drum about Ba for a long time now.

He had clear mackem leanings when at the Journal and since he got a national gig, he never misses an opportunity to have a dig or shit stir. Plus he just looks like a complete smug clown.

Any fluent French speakers care to translate Ba's recent tweets? He normally does the same as Jonas and tweets the same message in English soon after, but hasn't in this case.

a quick shove through google translate later

Demba Ba @ dembabafoot

Repel evil with what is best, and that's the one with whom you had enmity, becomes as a warm friend [41-34]

Demba Ba @ dembabafoot

I think it is a good sue reaction to the film nabi

Any fluent French speakers care to translate Ba's recent tweets? He normally does the same as Jonas and tweets the same message in English soon after, but hasn't in this case.

a quick shove through google translate later

Demba Ba @ dembabafoot

Repel evil with what is best, and that's the one with whom you had enmity, becomes as a warm friend [41-34]

Demba Ba @ dembabafoot

I think it is a good sue reaction to the film nabi

He's not commenting on the Muhammed film, is he? :lol:

google translate wasn't clear, think it was about sueing the makers of that anti-islam film

I still have secret hopes that we sell Ba and replace him with someone more "technical" in terms of linkup play/creativity/dribbling/running down the flanks/etc. Just don't like him as a first team player, despite the goals and occasional moments of suprising quality. Bit like Kevin Nolan maybe.