Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I still have secret hopes that we sell Ba and replace him with someone more "technical" in terms of linkup play/creativity/dribbling/running down the flanks/etc. Just don't like him as a first team player, despite the goals and occasional moments of suprising quality. Bit like Kevin Nolan maybe.

Kevin Nolan wasn't creative, he couldn't dribble or run and probably doesn't know what the flanks are so you are describing a player who is nowt like him really.

I still have secret hopes that we sell Ba and replace him with someone more "technical" in terms of linkup play/creativity/dribbling/running down the flanks/etc. Just don't like him as a first team player, despite the goals and occasional moments of suprising quality. Bit like Kevin Nolan maybe.

The Kevin Nolan comparison is a distraction, but broadly I agree. We could do with a different type of striker to choose from, and selling him may give us the opportunity to bring someone else in.

The other factor is he's unhappy with his situation at the club and is itching to move on to greener pastures. It can't be good for team morale to have a player like that, especially if he's one of the stronger personalities. Pardew should stop pussy-footing around. We've seen with Shearer what can happen when one player starts to effectively dictate to the manager.

Go home, buddy. :ben:

lol, what?

Nolan got himself in great positions BUT offered nowt else, was a passenger.

Ba is completely different and is very much involved in the game since he has footballing ability unlike Nolan

:dowiespin:

Freddie Shepherd is that you?

Thing is, if you have a forward who just scores lots of goals it isn't anything near a problem as a midfielder that only does that (whilst not contributing anywhere else).

Ba certainly isn't that player though, fair enough he may fade but he is very good on the ball, not at all slow and can work out wide. Baffling comparison tbh.

Think what he means about Nolan is that he doesn't like Ba as a first team player despite the occasional moments surprising quality and goals ( his words not mine lol)

Not the technical and dribbling part down the wing lol.

This is driving me up the fucking wall lol.

Think what he means about Nolan is that he doesn't like Ba as a first team player despite the occasional moments surprising quality and goals ( his words not mine lol)

Not the technical and dribbling part down the wing lol.

This is driving me up the f***ing wall lol.

More than this?

lol, what?

Nolan got himself in great positions BUT offered nowt else, was a passenger.

Ba is completely different and is very much involved in the game since he has footballing ability unlike Nolan

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aBh2tKoO9-8/UA9k0P9c6yI/AAAAAAAADHk/j0AtaBdODcM/s1600/shocked+batman+reaction+meme.jpg

:D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aBh2tKoO9-8/UA9k0P9c6yI/AAAAAAAADHk/j0AtaBdODcM/s1600/shocked+batman+reaction+meme.jpg