Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Negativity = Believability, as always :lol:

Don't believe it, just humoring the article for discussion.

Exactly, unless I've missed a forum rule saying nothing but pure facts are up for discussion.

:lol:

Negativity = Believability, as always :lol:

Don't believe it, just humoring the article for discussion.

Exactly, unless I've missed a forum rule saying nothing but pure facts are up for discussion.

:lol:

Alan Oliver articles are not worthy of discussion. Unless they're negative.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Colo is supposed to be on huge wages and we've just given him a new contract so I'd say we're somewhat flexible in the right situations, with Simpson being the contrast.

Colos a rolls Royce

Great character, rarely injured, consistent

Ba is a far greater risk!

Forget £90k, he'll not get that here, but say we negotiate £65k or around that area, is he worth it? Or is it worth putting that £7m towards a player who is more comfortable and willing to play the support striker role and get the best out of Cisse?

I wouldn't be that bothered losing him if he were replaced like this, but I doubt the boards commitment to invest a big fee for a like for like quality player, and I doubt the managers intention of playing that 433/451 that played a huge part in getting us 5th last season. More than likely we will sell him, and any replacement that does come in will be a big man Pardew can get his players to lump the ball to; queue more talk of Carroll's return in some capacity (which will probably not happen due to being priced out of a move - though his no goals & 2 injuries for wham certainly help lower the price)

Pretty good summary TT. I agree that although replacing Ba with a wide left forward to complement Cisse in the middle and Ben Arfa right would be best solution, the likelihood of Pardew going for a target man to support the 4-4-2 hoofball stuff is sadly higher.

If he's replaced by someone who can play wide and upfront like the ones we have been linked with such as Rodrigo, Aubameyang or Remy.

Then i don't have a problem with it because honestly unless we give him the contract he wants he will leave anyway.

But i don't have much confidence in the board being competent for once either.

If he was sold i can see us getting the cheap option and then it's a waste of time.

Demba Ba ‏@dembabafoot

Here we go again.....

Callum Vass ‏@CallumVass

@dembabafoot You going back onto the left wing again?

Demba Ba ‏@dembabafoot

@CallumVass doesnt matter... as long as we win

Demba Ba ‏@dembabafoot

Here we go again.....

Callum Vass ‏@CallumVass

Demba Ba ‏@dembabafoot

I would assume that's about the newspaper stories.

Demba Ba ‏@dembabafoot

Here we go again.....

Callum Vass ‏@CallumVass

Demba Ba ‏@dembabafoot

I would assume that's about the newspaper stories.

Aye, same here. Just thought I'd stick his reply in to that lad too.

It's more likely that that manager is simply playing him in his best position.

There's very little evidence to suggest Pardew has any interest in using the 4-3-3 cheat code as much as most fans do. He claims we played it against Swansea which, while blatantly untrue, would further put him off playing it as we got beat.

If he's telling the truth then Pardew has some serious questions to answer  :hmm:

If Ba doesn't care where he plays as long as we win then why change something that was working so well?

Think pardew believes a manager of the year award gives you license to act like a cock.